• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

DLLBind Classes

Warishell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
Well it dosn't look like I can get it to work. Getting : Error, Missing ";" in 'Class'. I'm guessing this means it does not understand the modifier... Never tried it in UDK so I guess I will have a look at that just make sure I'm not doing something else wrong...

DllBinding was introduced in UnrealScript in december 2009. The RO2 build is surely a later version of the unreal engine. It must be in there? Is it disactivated?

Warishell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
From what I understand it can be "desactived" with a "flag" in the C++ code. So I was wondering if that is the case or if the RO2 UE build is just different to the UDK one?

Shame really would have opened some possibilities like having an interface with mumble for 3dvoip, the're other ways of doing it I guess.

Last edited:

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Did some digging on this. It is indeed a part of our engine build and we are exploring the option of turning it on for modders.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Sad news on this front. It looks like our build doesn't have everything needed to make this work (we tried). After the launch of RS we hope to take another stab at it and see if we can grab the parts we need from a different engine build (without breaking our own).

Warishell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
Yes. It was implemented for modders and udk users. A way out of unrealscript prison!!!!

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
Will the dll be uploaded to the clients when then connect to a server or do the clients need to install the dll?

Warishell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
All I know is the dll would have to be in a special folder in the binaries folder of RO, I have no idea how the download system works in RO so I couldn't say if its possible or not. Theoretically though it should possible.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I forgot to bring this up while we were working on the current patch :( So it won't be in this update. I'll make a task to look into it after this patch it out.

Warishell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
Just like to state I am still interested in what this might amount to. If the're is stll hope for this? I have a small project for RO2 on the backburner that would greatly benefit from DLLBind Classes...

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We tried to implement, it fails to compile. It is on somebodies plate to try and figure out why it fails, and we'll work from there.