• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

DLC

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
I haven't tried the bow yet, but out of the first four : definitely the G18. It's one of the best weapon for the SWAT in my opinion.

The others are fun but clearly not worth the price.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
You're forgetting Ion Thruster.... it just melts zeds in a choke point.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
I haven't forgot about it, but either I'm really not good at being a berserker... Or I really struggle doing work with most of its weapons. Which include the Ion Thruster. It doesn't help that its alt fire is massively underwhelming considering how long it takes to charge it.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
It depends when you use it.
AFAIK the weapon is still bugged, so if your last attack was vertical, the special will do 400 dmg.... but if the last attack was horizontal, the special attack does 200 dmg
no matter if it was light or heavy attack.

What's so difficult about bers? parry the hit and just M2 to win :D (im not bers main)

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
I didn't say "difficult", it's tank-yness and quick speed allow you to deal with most opponents and leave with barely a scratch. But I find the perk not that pleasing to play as... Unless you use the pulverizer or eviscerator. I know that not every perk is good against everything, but I also struggle to bring down tougher opponents for some reason. Even with a high-level skill tree and the ability to parry.

I won't lie, I believe it's just me rather than the perk itself. But it makes for a frustrating experience, and I have no real arguments as to why.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Don't sweat it, everyone has a perk or two at which they are bad at.
For me that would be support.

Barot8

Feb 4, 2010
The G18 is a fun weapon. It has flaws, but for close up trash zeds it's great. I'd take perk skills that allow more ammo for it though it and 150 of armor is a good time. The Ion Thruster has a nice advantage of reach. Both it and the Hemoclobber (not DLC) seem to have a further reach which can allow dispatching bloats and other zeds with easy headshots before they get into their attack ranges. The Rhino is okay. Not as fun as I'd hope. I find the Mosin Nagant fun to use but I like playing Sharpshooter and it adds some new play style.

Reactions: infntnub

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
The mosin intrigues me, but I haven't shelled out any dosh for the weapon DLC's as of yet.

My biggest issue with the DLC is that you can't list it on the community market if you grow bored of it so I've pretty much laid off making further store purchases.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
The Mosin is not as fun as it should be. That's the main gripe I (and a few others) have. It should be some sort of middle ground between the raw-power of the crossbow and the larger magazine and RoF of the M14... And ends up being worse than either.

Which is a damn shame because I'm sure it could be insanely versatile, but the Centerfire gets the job done just as great, while being less expensive (and not DLC, obviously)