• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DLC character packs, why so ugly?

Raker

Nov 21, 2009
First off I just want to say that I just love this game and I've been playing it for about a year. What bothers me recently though is the DLC character packs, I mean I just don't get them, I don't think a single character in those packs looks decent or even fits in the atmosphere. Now you probably think "Well don't ****ing buy the character packs then, problem sovled" but I want new characters, I didn't buy these pack due to well their oddness. What I'm saying is that I think you should make a new character pack with more ordinary characters and which also fit in the atmosphere. Like maybe casual dressed characters or like special teams such as swat or probably the best idea of them all: a female character back, I'd just love that and I'm sure most people would pay a few bucks to get a female character pack. Now I do realize that the plot on most maps is something like a military team going into a house/city or whatever to clear up the clones so casual dressed wouldn't fit that well either, but the current DLC character packs I just don't see how any of the characters fit in at all and most of them look very unrealistic. Now I know this game isn't about realism but as far as cloning goes (and even cloning in it self is realistic) this game is very realistic and it's no sci-fi game.

Thank you for reading what some people would call a wall of text.

characters are fine lol

the most interesting one though in my opinion is the half specimen guy, cant remember his name now

but all over his body he has these, big boils or something

i was staring at them for a while and they move around and look disgusting.

it genuinly made me feel queesy lol

Upvote 0
On a side note I bought the latest character pack. I use Carnivore (the zombie-boil looking guy). Well every time the sh*t hits the fan and you're looking around like crazy for a zed coming behind you my friend turns around and he always shoots me a few times cause that character looks like a bad guy. Friendly fire isn't on but its still funny.

Upvote 0
Huh? I dont see anything wrong with the character packs :S. In fact you are the first one Ive seen complaining about them being somehow ugly.

And they dont fit in the game? Hows that? Just because the story says they sent a squad of well trained soldiers to take out the clones, it doesnt mean there couldnt be random groups of civilian survivors joining up the battle.

Upvote 0
it doesnt mean there couldnt be random groups of civilian survivors joining up the battle.

Or that said civillians haven't joined the team. I'm sure that in the current state of the ERF, they're taking anyone who can handle a firearm... or a fireaxe, for that matter.

The characters all fit fine, really, and I like how they all stick out. Gives them personality.

Upvote 0
Their background story is how they fit into the game, they are fairly clear. I think so more than some of the original skins. The hazardsuit guy = bioticslab The welder = foundry The merc and carnivore = horizon weapons projects (the carnivore guy is wearing the merc armor suit and he talks about biting the hazard suit guy.) DJ Scully and the skeleton suit are all the bedlam map. The bomb squad guy fits in just as much as the original skins. I like Foster's character. He is wearing a suit, I would say that is casual everyday clothes compared to the other skins.

Compared to all the blood and gore, why would the skins look clean, kf is gritty and gorey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0