DLC character packs, why so ugly?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Raker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2009
First off I just want to say that I just love this game and I've been playing it for about a year. What bothers me recently though is the DLC character packs, I mean I just don't get them, I don't think a single character in those packs looks decent or even fits in the atmosphere. Now you probably think "Well don't ****ing buy the character packs then, problem sovled" but I want new characters, I didn't buy these pack due to well their oddness. What I'm saying is that I think you should make a new character pack with more ordinary characters and which also fit in the atmosphere. Like maybe casual dressed characters or like special teams such as swat or probably the best idea of them all: a female character back, I'd just love that and I'm sure most people would pay a few bucks to get a female character pack. Now I do realize that the plot on most maps is something like a military team going into a house/city or whatever to clear up the clones so casual dressed wouldn't fit that well either, but the current DLC character packs I just don't see how any of the characters fit in at all and most of them look very unrealistic. Now I know this game isn't about realism but as far as cloning goes (and even cloning in it self is realistic) this game is very realistic and it's no sci-fi game.

Thank you for reading what some people would call a wall of text.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Most of the characters from the packs fit into a map in KF, or were created around a weapon update (explosive ordinance guy)

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
I like them. To me they perfectly fit Killing Floor's cheesy atmosphere. Keep in mind, KF is the Evil Dead of PC gaming. That being said, more characters is always a good thing, both "realistic" and "unrealistic" ones.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
I agree about the female pack, I disagree about current packs not fitting the atmosphere.

I think they fit perfectly

SMIFF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
characters are fine lol

the most interesting one though in my opinion is the half specimen guy, cant remember his name now

but all over his body he has these, big boils or something

i was staring at them for a while and they move around and look disgusting.

it genuinly made me feel queesy lol

ScarFace

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2009
On a side note I bought the latest character pack. I use Carnivore (the zombie-boil looking guy). Well every time the sh*t hits the fan and you're looking around like crazy for a zed coming behind you my friend turns around and he always shoots me a few times cause that character looks like a bad guy. Friendly fire isn't on but its still funny.

Zerethon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
i hate anyone who uses dj sckully or that other stupid skeleton guy

TERRORRAVER!

Aka, Mike noble, forget a knife, can i get an update so i can take the glowsticks off his costume and stab zombies with them?

Kidding aside, Mike noble, "Carnivore" and agent wilkes (the other armor guy) are all 3 pretty epic, i stick with my Terroraver

Raker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2009
Most of the characters from the packs fit into a map in KF, or were created around a weapon update (explosive ordinance guy)
Yeah, I was too fast to judge, most of them do fit in at least after you read their profiles but in my opnion most of them look odd and overdone, I guess that's my point.

HaTeMe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
Huh? I dont see anything wrong with the character packs :S. In fact you are the first one Ive seen complaining about them being somehow ugly.

And they dont fit in the game? Hows that? Just because the story says they sent a squad of well trained soldiers to take out the clones, it doesnt mean there couldnt be random groups of civilian survivors joining up the battle.

Wolfdust

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
it doesnt mean there couldnt be random groups of civilian survivors joining up the battle.

Or that said civillians haven't joined the team. I'm sure that in the current state of the ERF, they're taking anyone who can handle a firearm... or a fireaxe, for that matter.

The characters all fit fine, really, and I like how they all stick out. Gives them personality.

Jelan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2009
yeah I've sort of noticed a bit of resentment towards those skins. Probably because they're overused.

Surprisingly enough I haven't seen hardly any Mr. Foster skins lately, I think i'll switch to using him instead.
99% of the time I'm using Foster :D . I wish I could buy the other pack, I would use Foundry Worker.

=RAGE={BW}

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2010
I think the welder fits the support role very well.

and in the zombie apocolips all people from all walks of life and all backgrounds will fight for thier lifes so how are they not keeping witht the them of the game ?

Mokkat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 19, 2010
Some of them are pretty ugly, I personally like using the hazard-suit guy because of this :)
They all fit in, and although I felt like DJ Scully was very out of place at first, the inclusion of the Bedlam map made it pretty clear.

I dont get the gasmask/suit guy though

red7204

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Their background story is how they fit into the game, they are fairly clear. I think so more than some of the original skins. The hazardsuit guy = bioticslab The welder = foundry The merc and carnivore = horizon weapons projects (the carnivore guy is wearing the merc armor suit and he talks about biting the hazard suit guy.) DJ Scully and the skeleton suit are all the bedlam map. The bomb squad guy fits in just as much as the original skins. I like Foster's character. He is wearing a suit, I would say that is casual everyday clothes compared to the other skins.

Compared to all the blood and gore, why would the skins look clean, kf is gritty and gorey.

Last edited: