• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DLC, a step in the wrong direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amerikaner

Nov 23, 2005
If TW were concerned about our wallets the DLC would have been free.

Let's face it. KF has barely enough content as it is. Yet I figured RO has been one of if not my favorite game of all time so I decided to throw them $15 for KF whether the game was worth it or not. While the game is fun it does not have a lot of content. The game seems, and I'm not the only one who holds this opinon, to be a quick side release to garner some funds. Which is fine, it was worth it for that.

However, with the sucess KF and RO has had, for TW to turn around and try to get more money out of us for only four player models, no matter what the price, is a slap in the face to the fans. A free DLC would have been a nice thank you to all of us for putting them at the front of the top sellers list. Instead I feel like I just bought a game from every other game company with a crooked business model. It's disappointing Tripwire.

Freeloaders will always complain.
Where do you get off saying foolish **** like this? Who's freeloading here? Complaining isn't unreasonable at all, if you've paid money for something and aren't happy with it.

They're giving you a free map and two free new weapons.
Giving us a "free map and two free new weapons" is not something that you should have to pay for. Why did they not include this stuff with the original release?

If TW were concerned about our wallets the DLC would have been free.

Let's face it. KF has barely enough content as it is. Yet I figured RO has been one of if not my favorite game of all time so I decided to throw them $15 for KF whether the game was worth it or not. While the game is fun it does not have a lot of content. The game seems, and I'm not the only one who holds this opinon, to be a quick side release to garner some funds. Which is fine, it was worth it for that.
However, with the sucess KF and RO has had, for TW to turn around and try to get more money out of us for only four player models, no matter what the price, is a slap in the face to the fans. A free DLC would have been a nice thank you to all of us for putting them at the front of the top sellers list. Instead I feel like I just bought a game from every other game company with a crooked business model. It's disappointing Tripwire.
I agree fully and a whole lot of others do too! This way of selling game is akin to ransom...I think tripwire should rethink their business practices.

Upvote 0
$2... I don't see the reason for complaint here. No one's forcing you to buy it, and they're releasing the map and weapons without a price tag.

I see the $2 being more of a donation button with an added benefit. I paid $15 for the game and have played and enjoyed it extensively. What's an extra $2 out of my paypal account?

Upvote 0
A free DLC would have been a nice thank you to all of us for putting them at the front of the top sellers list. Instead I feel like I just bought a game from every other game company with a crooked business model. It's disappointing Tripwire.

They are. It's called the "Heavy Metal" pack. You know, the one with the new official map? And the AK-47? And the Katana?

The Character thing is a side thing. A "donate 2 bucks, get characters to show off in return for your support" kind of deal.

I hardly see how this is "crooked."

Upvote 0
think of it as a donation. its just a very attractive donation :D. i had no secound thoughts about geting it. correct me if im wrong, but TWI made killing floor in A CHURCH. they dont even have enuff money to have an office or a building (no offence). yet, even with that set back, they have made a game that rivals that of a company that is known world wide for their top notch quality games (valve). i would say that deserves a little 2 buck pat on the back.

Upvote 0
Nobody is forcing you to pay $2 for this DLC or any other premium DLC that may or may not be released in the future.

This is already being discussed to death here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34921

Perhaps the "Heavy Metal" pack will be more to your liking as it will be free and contain more "useful" items such as weapons and maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.