• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dissapointment

H&K said:
i am very dissapointed with this game. i have payed for this game, and what i got was a very buggy/unstable beta. if this where a free mod this post would not be here. i tried aolt of you fixes.. none worked for long if at all.. i cant belive you would charge ppl, to be your beta testers...

on the plus side. this is the best ww2 fps i have played.(when it will run...) i just think you released it too early, and it should have been a free dl for all the BS involved in playing it..

It's "unstable" only for the minority so stop preaching bs.

Upvote 0
People are all allowed to post however they feel, so long as they do it nicely. That said, I think what some people need to realize is that this game has sold huge numbers, and only a handful of people are having problems according to the forums. So either a) people bought the game, it didn't work, and they just said 'oh well', or be) the game is working for the large majority of people who bought it.

I really feel for anyone who is having problems with bugs or glitches or what not, but to call the whole game buggy or beta because of that just isn't right.

Upvote 0
This is kinda funny.... In a sad way!!!
Did the dudes who are having the buggy/unstableness post anything over in the correct thread? I have not looked yet... Or read the RO optimization guide?

Or how about this one.. Post there problem and ask for help!! DOH!!!!

It would be really nice (Especially for those who don't know how to optimize their sytems for any given game) if every game worked the same on any system. There will always be those who think that they can just install any game on any system and expect it to work without doing some tweaking and adjusting /updating etc!!! and as anyone who has been playing online games for any amount of time, already knows, there isnt any game out there that doesn't have some sort of goofy issue once in awhile.

While they might have done this, they didn't explain what if anything they did to try to salve the problem.. Other than just blame it on the game...

Upvote 0
Leave the guy alone, there's not many major game stopping bugs that totally ruin it (yet there's people who can't start the game so RO-O is NOT flawless or bug free !) I can't quote it because I can't remember exactly who said it but i'm leaning in to agree, that RO-O is at mod level polish and interface quality right now, There's alot of "nit-picky" things about RO-O that could use a polish and clean up, they're not critical but pilled together they do draw away from the game and hurt my enjoyment a little bit, In the retail environment having a polished and well "finished" product is extremely important, For example i've never seen a retail game where it spams game related messages through the chat system a million at a time (stand near a radio) and I've never seen peoples heads popping up out the back of a tank like shown in the screenshots in this thread.

Yes they are small and nitpicky but they do need attention to shake of the budget feel to the game and give it some real polish and stand alone feel to it.

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
Leave the guy alone, there's not many major game stopping bugs that totally ruin it (yet there's people who can't start the game so RO-O is NOT flawless or bug free !) I can't quote it because I can't remember exactly who said it but i'm leaning in to agree, that RO-O is at mod level polish and interface quality right now, There's alot of "nit-picky" things about RO-O that could use a polish and clean up, they're not critical but pilled together they do draw away from the game and hurt my enjoyment a little bit, In the retail environment having a polished and well "finished" product is extremely important, For example i've never seen a retail game where it spams game related messages through the chat system a million at a time (stand near a radio) and I've never seen peoples heads popping up out the back of a tank like shown in the screenshots in this thread.

Yes they are small and nitpicky but they do need attention to shake of the budget feel to the game and give it some real polish and stand alone feel to it.
I've not come across a game without nitpicky bugs though, the "head out the back of a tank bug" happens with hellbenders in UT2004 for example. The net play in RO is one of the best I've ever seen, I've played fine with pings of 200!

I'm not saying it's bug free, I'm saying find me a game that IS bug free on the first release. (and that costs

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
i've been playing this game since february and to be quite honest i've only come across one small bug, so small its not worth mentioning and people here say this game is "buggy"? compared to what? CoD2 and BF2 are an example of VERY buggy games, this game has far less.

Must be some real picky people out there is all i can say

Or, some pretty shabby hardware. Game runs like a champ for me and every one of my friends.

So far, not one hiccup worth moaning about.

Upvote 0
Apart from the obvious armour system bugs, has anyone ever traversed their StuG or SU-76 cannon all the way to the left or right, and then when you fire the shell goes completely to the right of where you fired? Also, if there are hills in front of a target sometimes I'll end up hitting the hill instead of the target even if I'm aimed right at them, but that's probably due to the StuG's low profile. But the fact of the above mentioned bug's existence makes me wonder if that is a similar problem.

Upvote 0