• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Disappointed in Rainbow? Me 2, thinking about starting a UT 3 mod

Probably not going to happen, UT3 is dead, as is its modding scene, even the MSUC is quite dead (when it comes to bigger mods) because Epic has all but outright said "if your mod can't be ported to the PS3, you wont win".

Apparently they are working on some kind of "expansion" for UT3 though, maybe, if they don't cock it up this time, that will breathe some new life into it.. maybe.

BOLLOX!!!

I bought UT2007 JUST for mods!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Luckily I only paid 16 quid for it from Play.com :(

Upvote 0
Well, considder yourselves lucky, i bought this lemon when it was brand new and at full price.. just thinking about it still hurts :(

Eh, now i just hope they will do the whole "UT2003 cum UT2004" thing again with this expansion, and that, like UT2004, something good wil come of it, but at this point, i have about zero faith that anyone at Epic-Games actually know what the hell they are doing, or what made their earlier games good, and i certainly do know they don't care about the PC anymore..

Upvote 0
Well, considder yourselves lucky, i bought this lemon when it was brand new and at full price.. just thinking about it still hurts :(

Eh, now i just hope they will do the whole "UT2003 cum UT2004" thing again with this expansion, and that, like UT2004, something good wil come of it, but at this point, i have about zero faith that anyone at Epic-Games actually know what the hell they are doing, or what made their earlier games good, and i certainly do know they don't care about the PC anymore..

I kinda feel the same way, I didnt pay full price because I got a pre-ordered version, but even then It still feels like a rip-off, at least there may stil be interesting mods in the future, who knows, nothing is impossible.

and about UT2003 and UT2004, they were both diferent games with their full prices, is not like 2004 was an expansion for 2003. and even if they release an UT3.5, I would be very esceptic to buy it, since I already paid a lot for this thing, to make me pay for another one, and I stil don't think they will change their ways, they discovered the "advantages" of multiplatform release, really... F*ck consoles!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I kinda feel the same way, I didnt pay full price because I got a pre-ordered version, but even then It still feels like a rip-off, at least there may stil be interesting mods in the future, who knows, nothing is impossible.

and about UT2003 and UT2004, they were both diferent games with their full prices, is not like 2004 was an expansion for 2003. and even if they release an UT3.5, I would be very esceptic to buy it, since I already paid a lot for this thing, to make me pay for another one, and I stil don't think they will change their ways, they discovered the "advantages" of multiplatform release, really... F*ck consoles!

You know what the funny thing is? UT3 cost them MUCH more to develop than Gears of War, because it was on 3 platforms, and in the end, what good did it do? it cheesed off all the PC players, PC sales where misserable, and as per usual, the Consoles players didn't care for it either, and it sold badly there too.

You'd think they would learn by now, not one single Unreal game has sold on Consoles, UT, the smash PC success, was ported to the Dreamcast with exclusive bonus content, and it absolutely fell through the cracks, nobody even heard it when it bombed, then there was Unreal Championship, misserable sales once more, what few players bought it had nobody to play with, then UC2, a very ambitious game, Console gamers worldwide took up competitive yawning instead of buying it, and somehow, they still thought it would be a great idea to release UT3 on the Consoles, and guess what, it didn't sell, despite the PS3 version boasting "now with mod support!" and the Xbox version having bonus content, nobody plays it.. only this time, they also managed to screw us PC players over once again as an added bonus, and perhabs managed to sub the whole franchise in the process..

Now you might think they would figure out that UT is supposed to be a PC game, thats where its players and fanbase are, but you'd be very wrong, ever since UT3 came out, they have been very buissy proclaimng that the PC is dead, that only pirates play on the PC, and telling us how awesome Consoles are, now lets all go buy a copy of GoW2! ..they have lost their bloody marbles! :eek:

Upvote 0
You know what the funny thing is? UT3 cost them MUCH more to develop than Gears of War, because it was on 3 platforms, and in the end, what good did it do? it cheesed off all the PC players, PC sales where misserable, and as per usual, the Consoles players didn't care for it either, and it sold badly there too.

You'd think they would learn by now, not one single Unreal game has sold on Consoles, UT, the smash PC success, was ported to the Dreamcast with exclusive bonus content, and it absolutely fell through the cracks, nobody even heard it when it bombed, then there was Unreal Championship, misserable sales once more, what few players bought it had nobody to play with, then UC2, a very ambitious game, Console gamers worldwide took up competitive yawning instead of buying it, and somehow, they still thought it would be a great idea to release UT3 on the Consoles, and guess what, it didn't sell, despite the PS3 version boasting "now with mod support!" and the Xbox version having bonus content, nobody plays it.. only this time, they also managed to screw us PC players over once again as an added bonus, and perhabs managed to sub the whole franchise in the process..

Now you might think they would figure out that UT is supposed to be a PC game, thats where its players and fanbase are, but you'd be very wrong, ever since UT3 came out, they have been very buissy proclaimng that the PC is dead, that only pirates play on the PC, and telling us how awesome Consoles are, now lets all go buy a copy of GoW2! ..they have lost their bloody marbles! :eek:

Then I'm glad it failed, f*cking morons, didn't they make good money with UT2k4 that was PC only?, maybe they just thought that new consoles bring more money, it worked for them with GoW titles and they thought it would be the same.

of course PC is for pirates, pirates are not gonna buy the ****ing game no matter what they do and what console its released, specially if its a horrible game that dont deserve the money spent

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then I'm glad it failed, f*cking morons, didn't they make good money with UT2k4 that was PC only?, maybe they just thought that new consoles bring more money, it worked for them with GoW titles and they thought it would be the same.

of course PC is for pirates, pirates are not gonna buy the ****ing game no matter what they do and what console its released, specially if its a horrible game that dont deserve the money spent

Ohhh my man, i can tell you have not witnessed all the hillarity that has surrounded Epic-Games lately, ahh, but fret not, i am sure that if you type "Cliff Blezinsky" into Google, you can still catch a late show of all the unfortunate interviews that has brough us so much joy.

Here's a sneak preview of the comedy that awaits:

Shack: What would you say to fans that claim you've abandoned your roots by not doing a PC port of Gears 2?

Cliff Bleszinski: We're a business and we're going where the market is. There's a hundred guys at work, a number of which have wives and kids, and there's a certain amount of responsibility to make sure that they can afford their Pedialyte and their Enfamil. And you know, we're a business, and it makes sense for Gears to keep it on the 360 and have Microsoft market the hell out of it and make the best game that we can.

I'll always love the PC. That's where our roots are, but, you know, companies evolve and their strategies sometimes shift, and that's an unfortunate reality of business.
Yes indeed, Epic employee's face poverty around every corner, so much so that they cannot afford Gatoraid and Baby-Formula, perhabs that is also why, if you drop by their offices on any given weekday, you will see their parking lot stacked with expensive vehicals, such as a Lotus Elise, Hummer H3, a Porche, and Cliffy's own Lamboghini (which he bought quite recently as he had grown dissatiesfied with his Dodge Viper), sporting vanity licensense plates like

Upvote 0
maybe I am lost, but how is this "UT-rant" related to the topic title about modding Rainbow6?

Knowing what state UT is in is pretty important when discussing UT mods ;)

Last i heard from Yoshi about this mod, he put it on hiatus because UT3 just doesen't have any players, and there's no point making a mod for a failing game, nobody will play it, so he was looking around for a new game to mod, but now there's some news, that expansion they are making.. time will tell if it fixes UT3 and gets people playing it again, but if it does, its once again a game worth modding like UT's used to be ;)

Upvote 0
Just wondering, what exactly is so wrong with UT3? My mate started playing UT etc since the first Unreal game and so far he's loved every single game in the franchise.
I played it a bit (lended it) and though it's obviously not my preferred gameplay-type, i couldnt see much wrong with it either.

Also, Ground Branch (game made by former R6/GR devs) is on UE3.0 as well. Maybe the mod could be transferred over to that game when it comes out, since most of the realismfeatures you want are sure to be in there already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wondering, what exactly is so wrong with UT3? My mate started playing UT etc since the first Unreal game and so far he's loved every single game in the franchise.
I played it a bit (lended it) and though it's obviously not my preferred gameplay-type, i couldnt see much wrong with it either.

Also, Ground Branch (game made by former R6/GR devs) is on UE3.0 as well. Maybe the mod could be transferred over to that game when it comes out, since most of the realismfeatures you want are sure to be in there already.

The game itself is not bad, but are the company politics and how it reflects on the final product is what pisses PC gamers off, the menus went from a very hardcore PC aesthetic to a dumb console menu, all characters now look like gears of war fat gorillas, the game is still fun to play if you can ignore those things, and then the life of the game is extended with the future mods... but here is the catch, if they screw up the potentially good mods forcing the modders to develop for PS3, at the end there will be nothing, and it'll be just a dumbed down unreal with no mods, with the only advantage of having good graphics (but not impressive).

do you think that TWI would be where it is now if they were forced to port RO to PS3 in order to win the contest?, or do you think RO would be anywhere close of beinng as good as it is now?

Upvote 0

The actual gameplay is quite good actually, its everything else about the game that is shoddy and rushed, from the mod support, UI, options, Server browser, AI, even the map design, there is just so much about the game that is half-done, poorly thought out and exicuted, or compleately missing from the game that used to be there in past versions.

I could rant on for houers about it all, but i figure it's best not to upset Switchblade with too much off topic chit chat, so i'll just leave it at that ;)

Upvote 0
Yes indeed, Epic employee's face poverty around every corner, so much so that they cannot afford Gatoraid and Baby-Formula, perhabs that is also why, if you drop by their offices on any given weekday, you will see their parking lot stacked with expensive vehicals, such as a Lotus Elise, Hummer H3, a Porche, and Cliffy's own Lamboghini (which he bought quite recently as he had grown dissatiesfied with his Dodge Viper), sporting vanity licensense plates like “PS3CODER”, “EPICBOY”, and the ever classic “GRSOFWAR:D

There is much more, ohh yes, delve ever deeper, and i am sure you will agree that Epic has really earner their place in the "PC Gaming Alliance" this last year (Grobut said, his voice so thick of sarcasm it allmost choked him).

Yeah I bet every of the 100 employees at Epic drive fancy sportscars. I mean if the lead programmer does, everyone does right?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0