• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Disappointed in Rainbow? Me 2, thinking about starting a UT 3 mod

Yeah I bet every of the 100 employees at Epic drive fancy sportscars. I mean if the lead programmer does, everyone does right?:rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? Epic could live on their Engine sales alone, they keep their earnings secret, but everything points to them making more money now than they ever have before (and they haven't exactly done poorly for themselves in the past either), and they could make even more if they just wanted to, and made games for the Wii (beeing the best selling console, there's money in that little box, but Epic doesen't care for it since its tech is not top of the line, and they want to make graphically intensive games that showcase their Engine).

And according to the interview Cliffy did with "The Newyorker", you wont find one single junker parked in their parking lot, its stacked with nice cars, including some really nice sports cars that probably belongs to the top brass, they made that comment to show us "whilst we dont have the numbers, its obvious this company is doing very well".

For Cliffy to then make such a comment later, a man well known to brag about all the money he makes and all the cool stuff he owns any chance he gets, a man who just a few months prior was telling interviewers about the cool new Lamboghini he bought even though nobody asked, and at a time when they are buying up other dev houses left and right, and are sitting on probably the best selling Console franchise and 3D engine around, strikes me as more than hypocritical, if there really is anyone working at Epic right now who cannot afford to buy Baby-formula (i seriously doubt it!), then perhabs the top-brass shoulden't be giving themselves such huge paychecks and spread the wealth around a bit..

Upvote 0
Why don't we cut this bull**** debate down to the point: you are mad because he's making console games no... You wouldn't give a **** if he drove a ****ing tank to work if his priority was still the pc. I read a lot of his interviews and he is still behind gaming as ever.

Nope, its all their BS excuses, outright lies, and promises they have not kept that upsets me.

If they had just been upfront about it, i would have been sad to see them go, but not angry, its the whole thing with saying "the PC is our bread and butter!" and "we're still all about UT" one week, and the next, when they have taken our UT3 monies, saying "we're a console developer now" and "GoW is our main franchise now".

I'm just not super thrilled beeing lied to.. it tends to make me a wee bit angry.

Upvote 0
Actually a few years ago for a student project I was toying with the idea of exporting a model into the oblivion engine so I could use some pretty trees and walk around it :D. Though it could be kinda pretty, game engines arnt really commercially viable for architects plus proper rendering software can be much more photorealistic, would be cool though.

But yeah AutoCAD & SketchUp+Kerkythea ftw!

Last edited:
Upvote 0