• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Disappointed in Rainbow? Me 2, thinking about starting a UT 3 mod

id like to help, but im a complete nub when it comes to the ut engine
if you can, i would suggest the crytek engine, since the playerbase is relatively equal for both games, and the graphics are better on crysis ,and by the time this mod gets released, 95% of pcs can play in in some way

i can offer some ideas:)

-no crosshairs, free aim, 3D ironsights
-slight free aim in ironsights
-mostly small maps
-hitscan, no ballistics, since itll take too long and the maps are small
-penetration (like cod4)
-a first person cover system
-single player?
-let noise be a factor(like americas army, but not that exaggerated)
-slow weapon switch (not like RO)
-mantling, and absolutley no jumping
-movement speed is 'just right' imo no games done this before, there all to slow or too fast (realsim wise, ro is a little too slow, insmod:p is way too fast)
i know that all of these have been done before, but still

i can help out with PR if u want

Upvote 0
You nublet Yoshi is the master of the PR :p

I would say Unreal 3.0 engine because I am personally biased (due to this awesome game which uses Unreal Technology) and also nearly every action game that will be released in the near future is powerd by the UE 3.0 that means more people will be attracted by this engine.
Crysis can only offer shiny graphics.
Judging from the playerbase probably modding for HL2 would be the best and you can find a few more pro arguments for the Source engine but also one big contra argument.: NO !!!

Reactions: Dumba [cro]
Upvote 0
Crysis can only offer shiny graphics.
See, I have the same impression about UE3. Judging from the few games I played so far it seems to be little more than a prettier UE2.5.

CryEngine has more natural environments (although this is admittedly unimportant for a R6-urban setting- type of game), better physics and projectile weapons out of the box (iirc).

But yeah, for a game similar game to Raven Shield, UE3 should do it. Afterall the R6 games run on that engine already.

Upvote 0