• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disable Spawn on Squadleader (US) on surpremacy maps?

Bommel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2007
As title says.
I would love to see the spawn on SL disabled for surpremacy maps, so the US forces have to make good use of their hueys.

Reasoning:
-VC has "immobile" spawns on squad tunnels, which are easily spotted by the loach and very easily destroyed by the cobra. And the tunnel even have to be at a minimum distance from the objectives and can´t be placed on all surfaces.
-US forces have mobile spawn which have no downsides at all, they work everywhere, even in objectives and they also have the hueys as mobile spawns

Right now the VC is at a big disadvantage if both teams make good use of their "abilities".

blasthawk;n2294556 said:
what if their are no huey pilots or the huey pilots are trash or people dont spawn on heli because people think because they dont know how to fly others dont know how to fly

What if there are no SL placing Squadtunnel, what if there is noone using smoke nades, what if there is no commander, what if the VC team has no idea about the spotting function of the loach...etc.?
You can not balance a game in a way that it works out even if one team has important roles taken by players, that do not understand the mechanics or are very bad at it.
You should imply that both teams consists of equally skilled players that do know how to play.

Players would have to learn these changes and would most likely quickly adapt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This would completely break the game mode in my opinion. Supremacy is "good" because it already enforces a higher level of what I would call cooperative play. Both teams need to use their spawn and transport mechanics well in order to win a round.

The Vietcong has it a bit easier here, since they only have to place some decent tunnels. The US team has to use their transports effectively and the SL's also need to be on their toes. I like it the way it is.

Reactions: LiamFVJ
Upvote 0
Bommel;n2294555 said:
As title says.
I would love to see the spawn on SL disabled for surpremacy maps, so the US forces have to make good use of their hueys.

Reasoning:
-VC has "immobile" spawns on squad tunnels, which are easily spotted by the loach and very easily destroyed by the cobra. And the tunnel even have to be at a minimum distance from the objectives and can´t be placed on all surfaces.
-US forces have mobile spawn which have no downsides at all, they work everywhere, even in objectives and they also have the hueys as mobile spawns

Right now the VC is at a big disadvantage if both teams make good use of their "abilities".

No downsides? Except you know, the squad leader can be easily killed by anyone, not just heli's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MeFirst;n2294572 said:
This would completely break the game mode in my opinion. Supremacy is "good" because it already enforces a higher level of what I would call cooperative play. Both teams need to use their spawn and transport mechanics well in order to win a round.

The Vietcong has it a bit easier here, since they only have to place some decent tunnels. The US team has to use their transports effectively and the SL's also need to be on their toes. I like it the way it is.

Why would it break the game, when it actually enforces an even higher level of cooperative play?
And the US forces do not have to use the hueys and the SL spawns, they have both available, so they can chose between two options or use them both. The VC can only place tunnels (which takes valuable time) and as I said they are very easily killed and spotted. In addition the US SL can hide in trenches/tunnels/bunkers and has way more chance to stay alive, especially since reinforcements spawn right on him.

PS: Let´s wait till the game is released and all the players have figured out that you can allmost render the squad tunnels useless if 3 good players concentrate on this (2 pilots and 1 gunner for cobra and loach).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bommel;n2294607 said:
Why would it break the game, when it actually enforces an even higher level of cooperative play?
And the US forces do not have to use the hueys and the SL spawns, they have both available, so they can chose between two options or use them both. The VC can only place tunnels (which takes valuable time) and as I said they are very easily killed and spotted. In addition the US SL can hide in trenches/tunnels/bunkers and has way more chance to stay alive, especially since reinforcements spawn right on him.

PS: Let´s wait till the game is released and all the players have figured out that you can allmost render the squad tunnels useless if 3 good players concentrate on this (2 pilots and 1 gunner for cobra and loach).

Then shoot at the heli's guy, Loach pilots are extremely vulnerable to small arms, you don't even have to kill them, they'll bug out if they feel threatened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MeFirst;n2294572 said:

+1

On supremacy mode the spawn system is fun and offers interesting "special missions" like hunting helos, respectively hunting the helo hunters and searching and destroying spawn tunnels. People that just run for the caps are missing so much of the fun.

Upvote 0
Gladius;n2294764 said:
+1

On supremacy mode the spawn system is fun and offers interesting "special missions" like hunting helos, respectively hunting the helo hunters and searching and destroying spawn tunnels. People that just run for the caps are missing so much of the fun.

Yeah, I had a blast hunting helos or attempting some back caps/tunnel hunting. Beside the fun factor, it is also very important for the us team to destroy sqaud tunnels. Otherwise you will often be simply outnumbered/outspawned on caps.

Upvote 0
Spawning on SL should be for both teams tunnel system is stupid, 1stly anyone can spot them... not true, in reality VC tunnels where one of the hardest things to find, freaking helicopters can spot them, this is an impossibility. I have seen live footage of GI stepping on tunnels?? anyway the idea to not spawn on SL is so stupid you should be shot in the head a thousand times, you will literally turn it into the Olympics for the Kenyan national running team, we will all pick black guys to be our soldier cause they good at running, do you honestly want to run all the way to the enemies base for them just to spawn and shoot you, making you star 12 miles away at home base lol,

Upvote 0