• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Disable line-of-sight check on spawners

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Hi,
is it possible to disable to line-of-sight check that prevents zombies from spawning when players can see the volume? I want to hide spawning volumes inside StaticMeshes and I want zombies to be able to spawn there at any time. No matter how close players are and no matter if players are looking straight at the volume.

This makes me think of Gauntlet Legends. Enemies would spawn from various structures and the players had to destroy the structure for the enemies to cease spawning. Picture a story mode map where you have to destroy these structures as you push through it. Sorry to stray from topic one but this was the thought that came to mind.

Upvote 0
Awhile ago I remember I did some tests trying to find out which type of blocking that makes zeds spawns behind it, it was bBlockZeroExtentTraces (the one that blocks projectiles & coronas)

So I think if you made the staticmesh use this type of blocking it could work, although they might get lost to find path or seeing the player until they come out of it...

But if this method didn't work, you can always put small room with zombie spawner volume and teleporter to inside the staticmesh.

Upvote 0