• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dirt2

ToNiO

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
France
steamcommunity.com
Hi guys,

I present DIRT2 to you the famous continuation continuation until one waited all

You can tested the demonstration to see what resembles the plays:

http://computergames.ro/en/downloads/viewitem/id/15529/name/colin-mcrae-dirt-2-demo.html

955088_115313_front.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the demo too, but I really don't know if I want the full version or not because there's so little rally in it. I'm not interested in the buggy races and desert rallies are probably my least favorite rallies after tarmac rallies that lead through too much (sub-)urban areas.

It's a lot better than Dirt1 because the physics in Dirt1 are just broken. Not too arcade or anything, but simply broken. In Dirt2 they are at least good for an arcade game. It's almost a throwback to Rallisport Challenge 2, which used to be my favorite racing game.
So if it was just about the gameplay (and the graphics! Because those are excellent. Cockpit view is stunning) I would get it in a heartbeat, but there is just so little rally content for me that makes me worried about dropping so much money on it.
I might get it when it gets cheaper.

I really hope a good rally game comes along soon. I don't even care if it's realistic or arcade style as long as it has a good vibe and plays well.

Too bad Rallisport Challenge 2 isn't backwards compatible on the 360. It would still be the best rally game on the platform and one of the best racing games in general too.

Upvote 0
I really hope a good rally game comes along soon. I don't even care if it's realistic or arcade style as long as it has a good vibe and plays well.

Maybe you should look back in time instead of forward? i'll bet you never played "Rally Trophy", and you can pick that up for allmost free thease days, it's certainly worth it if you can deal with the aged graphics.

Upvote 0
I thought you only played FPS, Putz? :D But yeah, looks pretty good after all.

Gotta agree with Murphy though. I watched a trailer of this game a while ago and it showed something like a tattooed guy waking up in a messy trailer with a half-naked chick. And monster trucks making huge jumps. Not the kind of thing I want in a racing game. Maybe the trailer just sucked, I dunno.

Pure Rally (against the clock) is the only thing I'm interested in as well, is it any good? How many tracks are there?

I definitely enjoyed the Rally in Dirt 1, I thought the car handling and physics were pretty good. Felt quite realistic, too. Not sim-level, but not arcade either. The Australian tracks were especially fun to drive.

Upvote 0
I don't know the number, but there are at 3 or 4 per location and there are 9 locations. There is a timed round and a version where you have to break stacks of blocks along the trail to add time...and you have to beat times that have already been turned in.

The "Landrush" mode is the one with the giant trucks. You never see who you are and there is no half-naked chick in the trailer.

The trailer is messy though. And he has a VCR.

Upvote 0