• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Digital Foundry Analysis

mistincat

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2015
England
So after watching the analysis! Things aren't looking too good for PS4 players. Any chance of hitting that golden 60fps before launch? I would have been cool with a drop in resolution to say 900p ala Star Wars: Battlefront in order to achieve that consistent refresh. As it stands, it's all over the place.

my love for Killing Floor is as strong as ever, but I'd love to see the game be the absolute best it can be, as I'm sure everyone else does.

heres the video for anyone interested.

That just shows to me how much ps4 sucks, kf2 really runs well on top pc video cards, and with out some of the high consuming graphics features it runs well even in pcs with out video cards.

Its easy to fix the fps for ps4 thought, they just need to disable some of those graphics features (or provide an option to the user to disable it), but still it shows that the video card from the ps4 pro is not much better then the video card from normal ps4, and that its not an very good video card at all.

Upvote 0
Consoles.

Jameson-Laughing-Meme-12.jpg

In all seriousness though, I think it's a CPU bottleneck more than anything. The game can really chug once a lot of enemies come on screen even with a decent CPU. Both the PS4 and PS4 Pro have 3-4 year old tablet quality CPU's with low clock speed and terrible IPC, not a good fit for a game filling the screen with enemies.

Attachments

• Jameson-Laughing-Meme-12.jpg
    Jameson-Laughing-Meme-12.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
mistincat;n2276257 said:
So after watching the analysis! Things aren't looking too good for PS4 players. Any chance of hitting that golden 60fps before launch? I would have been cool with a drop in resolution to say 900p ala Star Wars: Battlefront in order to achieve that consistent refresh. As it stands, it's all over the place.

my love for Killing Floor is as strong as ever, but I'd love to see the game be the absolute best it can be, as I'm sure everyone else does.

heres the video for anyone interested.

It looks fine to me

Upvote 0
As a fan of many gaming platforms I would just like the game to be the best it can be on all platforms. I for one will be playing on PC and also on PS4 and I would like to hear from the developers if they are working on maximising the framerate further on PS4 or whether they have reached the hardware limits.

please no more console bashing, its childish, we all love video games so let's respect each other's platforms of choice.

Upvote 0
The drops are probably mostly due to the weaker processor i imagine, the game is actually fairly demanding overall especially when a lot of action is going on and zeds/players on screen. They also only show the single player running in '4K' mode, so i assume the game would choke online. It must be limited to 1080p for online play i guess to help keep the frame rate decent?

Saying that though, even high end GPU's struggle with 4K on most new games, except that's native 4K not faux 4K like the PS4. It's just not ready. They are trying to push 4K way too early IMO, especially for consoles since the performance is just not there.

Upvote 0