• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Digital Deluxe unlocks mandatory?

Calumhm

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Plymouth, England
I bought the DDE for Ro2 all those years back, and found that I was a little disappointed not to be able to unlock some weapons, that they were unlocked for me.

Is there / will there be any way for me to buy the DDE (mostly to support TWI) but to reset my unlocks to normal?

Also I hear In-B4-Reset guys get unlocks, I'm not sure I want those either! The only unlock I'd like is a free Japanese bayonet. :cool:

Very interesting to see this point of view, what about unlocking weapons do you like?

I say this because the majority of the community here is hugely anti-unlock (myself included), we see the goal of the game as being working with the team in order to win, not grinding towards a new gun like that's the end all be all of the game.

Upvote 0
Very interesting to see this point of view, what about unlocking weapons do you like?

I say this because the majority of the community here is hugely anti-unlock (myself included), we see the goal of the game as being working with the team in order to win, not grinding towards a new gun like that's the end all be all of the game.

I myself don't like getting unlocks, just for the fact it makes the game feel arcadish to me. Kind of like.... I did good that round so I get a new toy to play with.

Although the unlocks don't turn your weapon or the player into RAMBO with super human abilities like unlocks/perks do in the CoD and Battlefield series.

In my opinion, the unlock system should deal with abilities like less suppression, or being more accurate. This is something a soldier would gain with experience, which it does.

Weapons unlocks like bayonets that would be standard issue, should be unlocked for everyone, and the different weapon types unlock with rank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I purchased the DDE of RO2 and felt pretty shafted. The game was fun and I received access to the Beta, but they failed to deliver the promised unlocks. I understand the launch of RO2 was handled horribly and premature, but I was still upset that I couldn't use the STG-44 upon release and was required to unlock the Bayonets.

With that said, I opted to only purchase the Standard Edition of RS. I can say that they've definitely stepped their game up. The Beta has very few bugs and feels extremely polished. It actually feels like a full release.

Upvote 0
I purchased the DDE of RO2 and felt pretty shafted. The game was fun and I received access to the Beta, but they failed to deliver the promised unlocks. I understand the launch of RO2 was handled horribly and premature, but I was still upset that I couldn't use the STG-44 upon release and was required to unlock the Bayonets.

With that said, I opted to only purchase the Standard Edition of RS. I can say that they've definitely stepped their game up. The Beta has very few bugs and feels extremely polished. It actually feels like a full release.
TWI didn't make Rising Sun. the Rising Sun team did and TWI stepped in later and helped finish it off. I think it was steam that was responsible for you never getting your unlocks before. they're the ones you purchased the game through, right? so we're talking about three different groups of people here as if they were one entity.

Upvote 0
I myself don't like getting unlocks, just for the fact it makes the game feel arcadish to me. Kind of like.... I did good that round so I get a new toy to play with.

Although the unlocks don't turn your weapon or the player into RAMBO with super human abilities like unlocks/perks do in the CoD and Battlefield series.

In my opinion, the unlock system should deal with abilities like less suppression, or being more accurate. This is something a soldier would gain with experience, which it does.

Weapons unlocks like bayonets that would be standard issue, should be unlocked for everyone, and the different weapon types unlock with rank.

This would be my favorite, although certain unlocks should be unlocks like rarer pieces of equipment that weren't standard issue.

Upvote 0
Let me say that I'm not NECESSARILY a fan of the ranking-leveling system overall, I am a huge RO:OST fan, and that was fine with an even playing field.

But if I'm gonna be allowed rare and more powerful equipment, I wouldn't mind unlocking it. People who dislike unlocks usually think that we who LIKE unlocks play the game with the next unlock as our objective - I don't think that's true - it's just like achievements, you weren't thinking about the achievement, but when you get it you still feel good.

Upvote 0
Just Bumping this thread because it went a little off-topic. My point was that I would like to have the option of unlocking certain items, instead of having them pre-unlocked.

Also, I'm an In-B4-Reset achievement holder, but again, I don't necessarily want to have day 1 unlocks.. Is there any way I could reset myself to not having them?

If possible I'd still like to have a bayonet unlocked for Japs, after all we need it for Banzai!

Upvote 0