• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Died and Lost 6 Levels

EnigmaoftheDragon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2021
Posting this here as well as in the Steam Discussions.

All the progress I made was kept towards completion, but I lost 6 levels and went back down to a pup from a teen. Was level 8 and dropped back down to level 2. Not sure if that was an intended part of the game, but that makes the last hour and a half wasted as well as it took away everything I collected as well as upgraded.

Now trying to get back to a teen again and see if the items I upgraded are the same once I turn back, but they are level 1 right now for me. Very frustrating.

15 minutes later: Twice now I lost everything and the issue is still occurring on my save file. Every time I die I go back to a level 2 pup. I would love to send them the information so they could look into it.
------------------------
So by them I was responding to a person who replied to my opened discussion who told me about the devs being aware of the issue and being unable to replicate it. I am willing to send them any information to them if I am able to do so and walk them through the process of dying and losing all progress. That is 2 hours wasted and a stream of the game ended early due to frustration. I don't feel that type of frustration even when playing Dark Souls. I will drop a link to the video so the Devs and everyone can see what occurred. I was trying to get my mic to work in the beginning and it wasn't wanted to do such. lol

We continue to investigate why this happens to some players. The game is defaulting to a backup save when it can't load your most recent save for some reason, but so far we have not been able to reliable reproduce this issue and it happens with very little frequency out in the wild making it very hard for us to pinpoint a cause so far.

What platform are you playing on and can you give us any hardware/software information about your system? Software such as any third party programs that may be running, especially security software such as antivirus and firewall?

Upvote 0
We continue to investigate why this happens to some players. The game is defaulting to a backup save when it can't load your most recent save for some reason, but so far we have not been able to reliable reproduce this issue and it happens with very little frequency out in the wild making it very hard for us to pinpoint a cause so far.

What platform are you playing on and can you give us any hardware/software information about your system? Software such as any third party programs that may be running, especially security software such as antivirus and firewall?
Playing it on Steam and no other programs other than Streamlabs OBS was running.

Upvote 0