Darkest Hour Update the Sixth
The Darkest Hour team reckon they are getting close to a release now... and the team want to brag about some more new features that you'll find in DH, including:
- Suppression system: Now an MG can have an enemy squad cowering in the trenches - try drawing a bead on an MG 42 who is firing at your squad and you will see what we mean. This is a combination of blur, shake and flinching when you are in the immediate vicinity of a lot of flying lead.
- New tracers: These are not quite as bright and visible as the standard. You can see them but, combined with the suppression, it is less easy to trace back to an MG who is firing at you.
- New vehicle damage - Engine fires: These are no laughing matter - they kill your engine and, may also lead to ...
- New vehicle damage - Hull fires: If one of these starts you may only have a few seconds to bail out.... or you may have a lot longer. Do you feel lucky with all that burning fuel inside your tank?
- New vehicle damage - Crew kills: hit the right part of a tank and penetrate the armour and you might destroy one of its most vital components - the crewman.
- Canister shot: Fired from the Stuart's 37mm cannon this is best described as