• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dev Team in UK? This is the real deal! (pic of real MGs from RO)

133tb1x-Exodus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2007
Hi guys - I don't know if any of you guys are based in the UK, but I was recently in the town of Shrewsbury in England, near the border of Wales. It's got a very good regimental museum in an old castle there, and I was astonished to find in one of their display cases they have a large proportion of the machineguns from RO! Most of the Russian automatics were captured from the Koreans during various conflicts.
Sorry it's not the best quality as I snapped this pic on the sly when no one was looking =)

MGs.jpg

Seems to be a WW2 thing just not just eastern front so the M3 fits in and i think thats a lee enfield on the right in the middle but i could be wrong. But what are the water cooled mgs in the middle and the revolvers? And the scoped rifle on the right with the weird looking flash suppressor or whatever that cone is on the end.

Upvote 0
Seems to be a WW2 thing just not just eastern front so the M3 fits in and i think thats a lee enfield on the right in the middle but i could be wrong. But what are the water cooled mgs in the middle and the revolvers? And the scoped rifle on the right with the weird looking flash suppressor or whatever that cone is on the end.
I think those 3 rifles are all enfields. The closest ones looks like a no5 jungle carbine, the far one looks like an early version, the middle is the no4.

Upvote 0
Yeah - sorry guys I should have snapped one of the labels listing on the left, I was busy stuffing my camera hastily in my pocket at the time :p
The museum is dedicated to the Shropshire regiment who have been around since the 1800s - pretty sure these are all weapons they've captured over the years, so the MGs on the back wall are old Maxim gun derivatives from WW1 - hence the 'Captured by 1st Kings Shropshire 20-11-17' written on it. The reel on the bottom right is a canvas ammunition belt for one of the Maxim guns.
The pistols at the top are flare guns.
Oh, and yes the MG42 really is just as beautiful in real life (hmm, am I the only one that thinks this?)

Upvote 0
If you live in England and enjoy all ww2 games you quite simply have to go to the imperial war museum in London.

The main lobby has Jagdpanthers. shermans, a t34 (which is teh sex! :p) spitfires etc etc. Not to mention a whole basement full of ww2 weaponary, clothing, posters and any other kind of artifact from ww2 you can think off.

One thing i noticed whilst on my trip is you really don't get a sense how really fegging big tanks are from RO until you see one in the flesh its quite something.

Upvote 0
If you live in England and enjoy all ww2 games you quite simply have to go to the imperial war museum in London.

The main lobby has Jagdpanthers. shermans, a t34 (which is teh sex! :p) spitfires etc etc. Not to mention a whole basement full of ww2 weaponary, clothing, posters and any other kind of artifact from ww2 you can think off.

One thing i noticed whilst on my trip is you really don't get a sense how really fegging big tanks are from RO until you see one in the flesh its quite something.

If you think that was something you should really try to make it to the War & Peace show.

So big in fact you won't get round it all in one day.

http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk

Hundreds upon hundreds of military vehicles..ranging from WW2 or before & upto almost present day.
I think over 700 last year and thousands of re-enactors with their own dispays.
But to cap it all they have pitched battles going on all day with groups fighting in the main arena which is about the size of 10 football pitches!!!
Along with battles raging in the very large woods which you walk through and observe as well as 4 massive fields where all the vehicles and re-enactor camps are housed and most of them completely accessible to the public.
You can look at and hold many of the weapons, get into tanks and vehicles as most of the people who display at the show are only too happy to tell you more and show you more about their display or vehicle. What suprised me most was how loud the weapons actually are & when you had a few going off in a display you could do with a pair of ear defenders.:eek:
It's a fantasic day out all in all. Or week as You can camp there. :) Apparently the evenings are just as enjoyable once all the day visitors have left, lots of camp fires & parties we were reliably informed last year.:D
It is on from the 18th to 22nd July & this year it is the 25th Anniversary.

Upvote 0
I was at bovington tank show and they took 3 random members of the audience and trained them for 3 hours. They then had a mock battle. A few shermans and an american half track against a tiger. The audience members who got picked where tasked with assualting the Tiger whilst the shermans distracted it. It was pretty spectacular with all the fake explosions.

Upvote 0