• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Whilst I dont really like the visual style (that live action was fine, the game I meant) it is actually looking a little promising.

??? It's straight out of blade runner mixed with cyberpunk!

After watching all the crazy trailers for this it's definitely among the only games coming out I care about alongside RO2 and ME3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
??? It's straight out of blade runner mixed with cyberpunk!

Which is what's wrong with it...the world is more futuristic than DX1's world, and it's a prequel.

I'm not saying it looks bad, but it's inconsistent - and that jars a little.

Will wait until I've played the game before passing proper judgement...

Last edited:
Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
Which is what's wrong with it...the world is more futuristic than DX1's world, and it's a prequel.

I'm not saying it looks bad, but it's inconsistent - and that jars a little.

Will wait until I've played the game before passing proper judgement...

Agreed - even though it makes sense with the big crash and all, I find the setting too futuristic for my taste, I was sort of hoping for Deus Ex-like environments with renaissance architecture subtly decorated with technology.

Upvote 0
I havent looked much into this site but I was googling and found [url]http://www.greenmangaming.com[/URL] selling Deus Ex for $34 with this promotion code (on their forum):

SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC

havent looked much more into it tho so Id check it out more I mean thats pretty cheap... almost too cheap.

That coupon works for RO2 as well. Apparently they are legit.

Upvote 0
^Is there any "catch"?

According to the big thread in the RO2 forum, it works well with no catch. I've also heard Greenman gaming has good customer service. I got ArmA 2 and Men of War free from them, but have not bothered installing MoW (already had ArmA 2). I am still deciding if I want to get RO2 through them or just be safe and get it through Steam.

Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
Embargoed until Monday at Noon.

But PC gamers will be happy to hear that this does NOT come off as a "console port." Visuals are great, lots of options, etc.

Runs fairly well on Q6600 (stock), 6GB RAM, GTX 560Ti though there is places where it's still a bit much for even this rig to handle. I might have to not have everything maxed out at some point but I am enjoying the eye candy.

Upvote 0