[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
I had no idea what this game was until a few days ago. I am looking forward to it, so far it looks amazing.

johncage

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2011
I'd like to throttle whoever was behind the decision to make all the characters stretchy and cartoon looking.

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Whilst I dont really like the visual style (that live action was fine, the game I meant) it is actually looking a little promising.

??? It's straight out of blade runner mixed with cyberpunk!

After watching all the crazy trailers for this it's definitely among the only games coming out I care about alongside RO2 and ME3.

Last edited:

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
??? It's straight out of blade runner mixed with cyberpunk!

Which is what's wrong with it...the world is more futuristic than DX1's world, and it's a prequel.

I'm not saying it looks bad, but it's inconsistent - and that jars a little.

Will wait until I've played the game before passing proper judgement...

Last edited:
Reactions: Makino

Skew

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
Denmark
Which is what's wrong with it...the world is more futuristic than DX1's world, and it's a prequel.

I'm not saying it looks bad, but it's inconsistent - and that jars a little.

Will wait until I've played the game before passing proper judgement...

Agreed - even though it makes sense with the big crash and all, I find the setting too futuristic for my taste, I was sort of hoping for Deus Ex-like environments with renaissance architecture subtly decorated with technology.

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
I havent looked much into this site but I was googling and found http://www.greenmangaming.com selling Deus Ex for $34 with this promotion code (on their forum):

SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC

havent looked much more into it tho so Id check it out more I mean thats pretty cheap... almost too cheap.

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
^Is there any "catch"?

According to the big thread in the RO2 forum, it works well with no catch. I've also heard Greenman gaming has good customer service. I got ArmA 2 and Men of War free from them, but have not bothered installing MoW (already had ArmA 2). I am still deciding if I want to get RO2 through them or just be safe and get it through Steam.

Reactions: NoxNoctum

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
Embargoed until Monday at Noon.

But PC gamers will be happy to hear that this does NOT come off as a "console port." Visuals are great, lots of options, etc.

Runs fairly well on Q6600 (stock), 6GB RAM, GTX 560Ti though there is places where it's still a bit much for even this rig to handle. I might have to not have everything maxed out at some point but I am enjoying the eye candy.