• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desperately need another FlameThrower

As another poster said: The flame rocket launcher is a badass idea; So is the lance. I like the flaregun idea, too.

I really just get all tingly thinking about shooting a big ole flame rocket and having it ignite/incinerate an area the size of the LAW explosion, then be a field of continual damage until it eventually burns out. Seriously...awesome.

BUT...there needs to be some middle-tier flamer that's light enough to carry as a backup weapon with either the current flamer or the other higher-tier suggestions that have been thrown around.

Do you remember way back when you weren't R6 Firebug- how long it took to get the Flamethrower? I completely agree with the many people before who have suggested that there needs to be an earlier-tier Firebug weapon that can serve as a backup weapon later on when you get the current Flamethrower or one of the proposed higher-tier ones. The Flaregun is a great idea, but that's more like a utility-class item than the crowd-control weaponry a Firebug needs to do their job!

As yet another person said, it would be awesome to have a flamer where the flame actually went through a line of clots and actually set them all on fire instead of setting only the first 2 guys on fire...that sucks pretty hardcore and it's the main reason firebug runs out of ammo WAY TOO FAST.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see molotovs that count as a carried weapon rather than grenades. Alt fire lights, fire throws. The flames would burn for a moment, creating a barrier (or just flaming zeds running at you) much like the incendiary mines the demo class gets in Alien Swarm. If you are killed holding a lit molotov your corpse will burn for a while.

I've wanted to see incendiary rockets for firebug for quite a while now. If it were up to me I'd add either this 4-shot launcher: http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl50-e.htm or one EXTREMELY powerful launcher that is of very limited use and is only efficient for wide open spaces (say once or twice in a wave tops) like this: http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl47-e.htm. "The blast effect of the RPO-M warhead is said to be comparable with that of the 155mm / 6" HE artillery shell."

Upvote 0
I'd like to see molotovs that count as a carried weapon rather than grenades. Alt fire lights, fire throws. The flames would burn for a moment, creating a barrier (or just flaming zeds running at you) much like the incendiary mines the demo class gets in Alien Swarm. If you are killed holding a lit molotov your corpse will burn for a while.

I've wanted to see incendiary rockets for firebug for quite a while now. If it were up to me I'd add either this 4-shot launcher: [url]http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl50-e.htm[/URL] or one EXTREMELY powerful launcher that is of very limited use and is only efficient for wide open spaces (say once or twice in a wave tops) like this: [url]http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl47-e.htm[/URL]. "The blast effect of the RPO-M warhead is said to be comparable with that of the 155mm / 6" HE artillery shell."

RPO is a thermobaric explosive, which is not technically comparable to an incendiary device. I woult totally support the idea of an M202, however.

Upvote 0
Ah another firebug thread... *cracks fingers*

The Thermal lance goes heavily against the entire guiding principle of the Firebugs DOT philosophy. I can dig a low grade fast damage dealing weapon, but not one that can melt the hide off a Scrake in 4 seconds flat. PLus its main issue it its STILL unattainable for low level firebugs.

M202 Flash will inevitably suffer the same fate as the LAW. Ferociously inefficient, and to my understanding its blast radius is considerably larger than most of the small corridors and closed spaces of Killing Floor would really allow.

Anything that *blocks off* a hallway for a limited time with is not far removed from an auto turret. Next thing you know we'll see a engineer in the game to maintain the auto turrets and bunker down in a corner. Plus firebugs have little trouble igniting specimens with their Flamethrower already. This rules out Molotovs and Jerry Cans for me.

Otherwise I'm still sticking with this idea myself... not mine, but I reposted it.

Undedd Jester said:

Upvote 0
Ah another firebug thread... *cracks fingers*

The Thermal lance goes heavily against the entire guiding principle of the Firebugs DOT philosophy. I can dig a low grade fast damage dealing weapon, but not one that can melt the hide off a Scrake in 4 seconds flat. PLus its main issue it its STILL unattainable for low level firebugs.

M202 Flash will inevitably suffer the same fate as the LAW. Ferociously inefficient, and to my understanding its blast radius is considerably larger than most of the small corridors and closed spaces of Killing Floor would really allow.

Anything that *blocks off* a hallway for a limited time with is not far removed from an auto turret. Next thing you know we'll see a engineer in the game to maintain the auto turrets and bunker down in a corner. Plus firebugs have little trouble igniting specimens with their Flamethrower already. This rules out Molotovs and Jerry Cans for me.

Otherwise I'm still sticking with this idea myself... not mine, but I reposted it.

Okay it was slightly edited, but the point is there ;)

You seem to forget that the firebug lacks more than just a tier-2 weapon, but also lacks a tier-4. A torch would be a great addition to the perk, but at the same time it still doesn't have any real AOE weapons apart from the grenades, which, IMO, should be one of the main benefits of a firebug perk to begin with. Napalm=AoE=Crowd Contol.

An M202 doesn't need to be OP or useless, it can do just fine as intended--large AoE incendiary with a bit of range. Perfect for big outdoor areas, not so great for close quarters, but then, firebug isn't supposed to be.

Upvote 0
What about this (but a bigger one) for a new firebug weapon?
solarlighter2.jpg

Upvote 0
Firebugs could have separate liquid napalm canisters? Works kind of like pipes, where you drop and not throw them, but leaves a trail of fire behind you to burn whatever specimen is chasing you. Basically you're dripping liquid napalm onto the ground behind or in front of you. Also could make it do more damage, since it's a stationary weapon and you can't move around with it (much).

Upvote 0
You seem to forget that the firebug lacks more than just a tier-2 weapon, but also lacks a tier-4. A torch would be a great addition to the perk, but at the same time it still doesn't have any real AOE weapons apart from the grenades, which, IMO, should be one of the main benefits of a firebug perk to begin with.

Incidently the regular flamethrower already does fine at crowd control, the only thing that tops it is a well placed demo grenade, but even that can't take out gorefasts and bloats most of the time.

My arguement has been the other perks are too overpowered with their tier 3 weapons (Except maybe the AA12, that one seems slightly OP, but still balanced), but the Scar is just about tolerable, and the M14 is down right a piss take. I love the Firebug, and I love the fact that so far is is the only perk not to be tainted by overpowered weapons.

Lets face it we are all screaming for balance against tier 3 weapons, and giving the firebug something that is in line with these weapons jsut means more to balance.

I personally maintain that the Firebug needs 2 things: -
- Other perks to be dropped down a peg
- The firebug to have a lower tier weapon to get the firebug started at low level, and serve as a utility weapon to accompany his flamethrower.

Thats why i really like the blow torch. It doens't create any notable balance issues, it backs up and supports the regular flamethrower well, and its cheap for low level firebugs.

I do see your point, but I think we can all agree the game is getting a little too easy, and generally it takes a really unlucky spawn to cause team wipes. Otherwise sloppy play is given a buy to complete the game. At least thats the way I see it, I'd rather the game be harder and force people to be alert and on their toes, than die because they are second rate spamming bullets and not really paying attention. And a new Uber powerful flame based weapon doesn't really do much to support this ideology

Upvote 0
Why does everyone want to just complicate something as simple as a flamethrower or pyro class, hell, give us a tweaked version of the Husk weapon, that thing would be badass to use, explosive fireball projectile launcher, remove the crisp effect as personally, I've never even seen it do anything for me other then make them look over cooked.

Make it explode on contact and light anything in the general area light on fire that way we could shoot at the ground to light a mob of clots on fire or what not.

That or, hell what would be so wrong with taking our current flamer, tweak its model, up its damage, either highly reduce or removethe lame recoil(never understood why our class is the only one that really HAS recoil to deal with), maybe change the fires color to white or something so other people know, hey that pyro actually has a new gun!!

Gets kind of boring using the same weapon I spawn with while everyone around me gets all these neat weapons to shoot and hack zeds down.

Upvote 0
I think it would be nifty if firebugs could call in a small napalm strike like on the Worms games. Like be able to call it in once every 10 minutes or so and have it target a 10X10 area or create a wall of fire or something.

But currently it's the lamest class. A flamethrower and some incendiary grenades ... Woo what variety ...

My knee jerk reaction to this was alot worse, so I'll strip it down to.... there are alot of maps that are indoors only.

Upvote 0