• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desperately need another FlameThrower

There are a bunch of possibilities for extra Firebug weaponry:

Flare gun. Easy one really, given that the existing flamethrower behaves like a full auto flaregun. Tier 1 weapon, low initial damage, long burn duration.

Tier 3 Flamethrower. I realise there's already a flamethrower, but let's face it it's pathetic. Anything short of a direct hit won't do anything to a zombie. So give us a REAL flamethrower. I'm fine with shorter range, but I want it to project a cone of flame that will ignite anything it touches, including lasting flames on terrain. I want it to have at least as much ammo as the existing flamer (probably more given how absurdly large the ammo capacity on all the other t3 guns is). Long story short, I want a weapon a firebug can kick *** with once they can afford it.

Incendiary explosive weapon. Whether a grenade or rocket launcher (or even the husk's gun), such weapons exist in real life (such as that spiffy quad barrel rocket launcher mentioned earlier in the thread). Not something I personally want to see (since we now have the support's LAW and a class dedicated to explosives), but certainly a possibility.

Incendiary effects on existing weapons. Perhaps a level 5/6 ability that gives every other weapon incendiary ammo. If this got coupled with a small universal bonus across all weapons it could enhance the firebug's regular capabilities outside of his own weapon set. Of course this is a lazy solution and I'd rather see an expanded weapon loadout.

Upvote 0
Flare gun. Easy one really, given that the existing flamethrower behaves like a full auto flaregun. Tier 1 weapon, low initial damage, long burn duration.

Been suggested. Real life flare gun is basically a long lasting piece of fireworks. Doesn't do anything. Most people didn't like the idea.

Tier 3 Flamethrower. I realise there's already a flamethrower, but let's face it it's pathetic.

That's how it was, more or less, intended to be. Firebugs are the backups to other, more directly damaging classes. Firebugs make it so the zerker can finish a skrake in one shot. Firebugs make it so SS don't have to spam shoot against FP's (which they shouldn't anyways, if they're good SS), etc, etc.

Incendiary explosive weapon. Whether a grenade or rocket launcher

Have it and have it. Firebugs automatically get incendiary effects to their grenades. And giving perks another version of LAW is just giving them another version of suicide. Not really needed.

Upvote 0
Well, the firebug needs something. I was outlining the various possibilities I see, whether or not I think they're good ideas.

The firebug is very much the runt of all the classes right now, having far less combat capability and far less versatility than any other single class. Given the support seen fleshing out the game's other classes it is not unreasonable to expect one of the ideas stated or something similar to be implemented.

Also, assuming your signature to be accurate, you've hardly played firebug. You're hardly an authority on its balance now are you?

Upvote 0
Well, the firebug needs something. I was outlining the various possibilities I see, whether or not I think they're good ideas.

People don't want bad ideas, keep in mind. We all think the firebug probably needs something, with the exception of people who hold the opinion that it's strictly a support class, to weaken everything while the rest of the team kills them. However, all if not most of your ideas have been suggested, and they've been shot down.

The firebug is very much the runt of all the classes right now, having far less combat capability and far less versatility than any other single class.

Yes we know. However, nothing innovative and refreshing has been suggested yet. All most people have been doing is rehashing and rewording ideas that are otherwise the same.

Also, assuming your signature to be accurate, you've hardly played firebug. You're hardly an authority on its balance now are you?

Don't assume you are either. Prove to me you're not one of the many people who just farm their way to lvl 6 perks and are **** at playing. Remember: it matters more how you play your perk than how long you've played it.

Upvote 0
Obviously I'm not part of the debate... but I assume

and

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/92199623-4.jpghttp://screenshot.xfire.com/s/92199623-4.jpg

Proves my credentials with teh Firebug debate at least :)
redir.php

Upvote 0
My knee jerk reaction to this was alot worse, so I'll strip it down to.... there are alot of maps that are indoors only.
Not a good enough reason to cancel out the idea, as shown by the LAW. And most indoor maps have holes in the ceiling or small out door areas. Not like it really matters, none of these ideas are going to actually happen so this thread seems more or less for just killing time instead of zombies.

Upvote 0