• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desperately need another FlameThrower

Didnt find a flamethrower, but how about a Rocket launcher??
The M202A1 features four tubes that can load 66 mm incendiary rockets. The M74 rockets are equipped with M235 warheads, containing approximately 1.34 pounds (0.61 kg) of an incendiary agent. The substance, often mistaken for napalm, is in fact thickened pyrophoric agent (TPA).

TPA is triethylaluminum (TEA) thickened with polyisobutylene. TEA, a organometallic compound, is pyrophoric and burns spontaneously at temperatures of 1200

Upvote 0
Why not just change the knife into a lighter (the type used on candles)? :p

http://mjisdead.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/candle-lighter-600.jpghttp://mjisdead.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/candle-lighter-600.jpg

or a lighter with a knife attached, on lvl 5 or higher or something? It allows him to light them on fire then let them burn while running away or changing weaps :p

LOL, I could imagine you trying to set a clot on fire with the lighter, would take forever if it ever even caught on fire.

About the thermal lance, its not even a weapon as far as I know, and I think it would look silly in the game.

Upvote 0
No thermal lance is not a weapon it's a metal cutter. But then again, fireaxe and chainsaw are not weapons either, but both can conceivably be used as weapons, as can the thermal lance if you find a portal source of oxygen.

True. Me not knowing how the thermal lance works, and not going to look it up atm, is it possible for one person to carry/wear the equipment needed to use it?

I like the idea, dont get me wrong, but what is invovled with the lance working? Do they need like a big mig station or something, cause that would not be cool.

Upvote 0
Flare gun would be nice.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that the Firebug is meant to weaken/kill the Specimens at long range.

So a Flare Gun seems like a good idea, possibly doing more DPS ( Damage Per Shot) then 1-2 rounds of Flamethrower liquid, and having a longer burn effect as an advantage.

Yes, I know, "We're not going to copy from TF2", but who said a Flare Gun having a longer after-burn on something was automatically copyrighted to TF2 only? Eh? Eh?

No, I don't remember what my point is.

I'm just going to float away now on my coffee cup.

Upvote 0
LOL, I could imagine you trying to set a clot on fire with the lighter, would take forever if it ever even caught on fire.

About the thermal lance, its not even a weapon as far as I know, and I think it would look silly in the game.

How about a lighter and a bottle of whiskey, take a swig and blow flames into the specimens, don't use it too much though!

Upvote 0
Flare gun would be nice.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that the Firebug is meant to weaken/kill the Specimens at long range.

So a Flare Gun seems like a good idea, possibly doing more DPS ( Damage Per Shot) then 1-2 rounds of Flamethrower liquid, and having a longer burn effect as an advantage.

Yes, I know, "We're not going to copy from TF2", but who said a Flare Gun having a longer after-burn on something was automatically copyrighted to TF2 only? Eh? Eh?

No, I don't remember what my point is.

I'm just going to float away now on my coffee cup.

good point about the flare gun. or it could work like in farCry 2

god i love that gun. two flares set an entire base on fire

Upvote 0
A flamethrower like the one in my sig would be cool, shorter range, highly effective against groups of smaller specimens, almost totally ineffective against large specimens (FPs, skarakes and husks). It would be 6 blocks and have two clips each with around 20 seconds of constant flame, reload animation would be removing the propane feed and placing another on. This would represent the two tanks on the backpack both having proprietary propane tubes.

Upvote 0
Another flamethrower would be pointless.

Molotovs would be redundant.

IMO, what the pyro needs is something unique, such as remote incendiary charges (similar to the Demo's pipe bombs) or a ranged napalm rocket.

Oh yeah, and ability to use the fire axe as a pyro would be nice... make either it or the flamethrower lighter so they can be used together. IMO, make the fire axe 4kg instead of 5. Bonus points if they give a benefit to using it as a pyro, such as higher chance of decapitation if the target is on fire.

No class is -supposed- to be well-rounded on its own. A pyro is supposed to excel at lighting large numbers of zeds on fire, then letting them burn. Leave the fleshies for the sharpshooters, in other words.

Also, while they're at it, Animate the bloody pressure gauge on the flamethrower. It can't be THAT hard... make the needle move on a scale from 0 to 160 from empty to max PSI so it shows how much ammo you have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...I need more burning to occur!

If we get a T3 Firebug weapon I demand the flames pass through our enemies and actually ignite the things it passes through.

Either that or get me a custom launcher that fires off Napalm grenades that scatter and set things ablaze in a fire that lasts 3 times as long as the normal burning from the flamethrower (different from fire grenades in that this scatters on impact in a shower-like effect).

Upvote 0