• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Depth Of Field On or Off?

Depth Of Field On or Off?

• DOF=On

Votes: 65 48.1%
  • DOF=Off

Votes: 70 51.9%

• Total voters
Doesn't disabling DoF make everything really, really dark?

I've seen that posted around these forums a few times, and I can only guess it is specific to some people. For me the only things that happened upon disabling DoF was a modest FPS boost and the game looks better.

DoF and bloom and everything look "cool" but unless they are very subtle I turn them off. Atleast for games like RO2 where I don't want to be blinded by the bigass God rays shooting out of a campfire.

Upvote 0
The game is designed around DOF, disabling it removes all post processing and as far as i know supression effects. There were a lot of people whining about shadows on low being a cheat but i think disabling DOF is even worse. Yeah i know DOF makes some spots hard to see, thats the whole point of it.

This is exactly why I keep it on, and think everyone else should also. The DOF allows you to have those slight focusing times when you raise your sights, which is much more realistic than simply having everything in crystal clear focus, all the time.

It's the same thing as turning off the supression blur in RO, it give you a distinct advantage, and is sort of a "soft exploit".

Upvote 0
The game is designed around DOF, disabling it removes all post processing and as far as i know supression effects. There were a lot of people whining about shadows on low being a cheat but i think disabling DOF is even worse. Yeah i know DOF makes some spots hard to see, thats the whole point of it.
Maybe you should try it out for yourself before you are assuming anything. ;)
I have DoF off and I have supression effects, jfyi.

Upvote 0
This is exactly why I keep it on, and think everyone else should also. The DOF allows you to have those slight focusing times when you raise your sights, which is much more realistic than simply having everything in crystal clear focus, all the time.

It's the same thing as turning off the supression blur in RO, it give you a distinct advantage, and is sort of a "soft exploit".

Thing is my eyes only focus on the part of the screen I am looking at. Why should the only area that is in focus be where my ironsight are pointing. [realism arguement][/realism arguement]

Upvote 0