• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Den Pobedy on 7GA server!

It appears that I wasn't entirely correct. This is the reason given in Wikipedia:

The Allies had agreed to mark May 9, 1945 as V-E day, but Western journalists broke the news of Germany's surrender prematurely, precipitating the earlier celebration. The Soviet Union kept to the agreed date, and Russia and other countries still commemorate the end of the Second World War, a significant part of which is known as the Great Patriotic War in Russia and other parts of the former Soviet Union, as Victory Day on May 9.

O.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
pass. no celebrating communism for me.

We dealt with the same problem at another forum. We're not celebrating communism, we're taking advantage of this important day to reinact what was fought for. Just like all realism clans here, we don't all agree (most of us) to the political terms at the time.

This is merely to have some fun on the day we remember so well. So again, we hope to see you people on the server in... well, about 1 hour from now!

Upvote 0
I've been looking forward to this since I first read about it -- I'll be there with bells on for at least part of the celebration. No, wait...no bells -- that'll give away my position. Maybe I'll sneak up and put the bells on the Germans! :D

In any case, I wish the 7GA the best of luck with this. Celebrate away -- the Russian people fought hard and died hard in the Great Patriotic War...no reason not to celebrate their hard work and sacrifice!

Celebrating communism? Nahhh....celebrating determination, spirit, and grit. :D

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
pass. no celebrating communism for me.

It's not "celebrating communism". Basically, we only need some "justification" to do an event and get people to play in organised environment. Being a realism clan 7GA naturaly picked Soviet holiday (what else?). That is all there is to it.

BTW all Allied countries celebrate VE day, Soviets having it on 9th instead of 8th is just a technicality, otherwise it's the same event celebrated in London, New York etc.

O.

Upvote 0
Well Heldentod, I have my own theories on winning the SK map as Russians. SK is pro-German map and if both teams are equal, Germans will win, period.

To keep it short - I think best way to win as Soviet is by "team deathmatch" ie by killing more enemies than they kill you, and reducing their level to 0%. Best way to win this map there is - of course if you can pull it off.

You proved my theory right, in a way. Had you been on our side, with your kill to death ratio we would have won easily, even if we never took the Warehouses (not until all germans are dead that is). That is, why I hoped you'd play one round on our side just to see if my theory is right :D

Upvote 0