• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Delerium

Top kek. Gets upset and insulting when people release maps he doesn't deem worthy and then turns around and mocks somebody for pointing out redundant threads (Hosav is right about this, imo. Even if it isn't a big deal the beta releases section shouldn't contain anything that has no download aka release.)
When someone posts a garbage map, I point it out. When someone seems keen on pumping out a large quantity low quality maps, I point it out too. I don't know where you got the idea that I'm upset, but I guess people seem to take bluntless as some sort of sign of upset, which is silly. I have told both Swift and Hemi that Hosav is right about redundant threads. However, the extent to which Hosav goes to complain is ridiculous. I mock this with my satirical post of his complaint.

Skell, you make cool stuff and you seem like you can be alright but you really should tone it down if you want anybody to stick around. Scaring off new mappers with non-constructive criticism and just openly being snarky all the time is horrible for the community and pretty toxic.
I will keep my comments unwaveringly blunt since I feel that is the only way to see fault effectively. I haven't been blunt to any map whose author is putting effort in as they can improve themselves. People who are content with making garbage will only continue to create garbage, and that is what I take issue with.

Look forward to the map release, Swift!

Upvote 0
@Kvasir94
This is out of control. Seriously, flaming someone's thread is also not allowed in the forum rules. So taking the time to continue debating this point, or bringing it up again is quite redundant as you are breaking rules to argue about me breaking rules. I already apologized, with a sincere apology after my snarky one. I stopped posting in the level design thread, so it's not like I'm blasting my stuff all over front pages for attention in two locations, I have moved over to this one. If you want to start a thread about not posting to beta section without a download in hand then be my guest. As for continuing the conversation about it on here, please stop. I stopped, so there is no reason to continue. I will no longer debate here. If you wanna send me a PM about your feelings go for it, if you want to add me on steam and continue a conversation about it go ahead.

And if you want a conversation with Skell take it to skell, not my thread. Seems fair enough right? I'm really not that upset, but when I am spending 8 hours a day working on a map to have this thread blowing up into a complaining s**t storm it rubs me the wrong way.

Upvote 0
@Kvasir94
This is out of control. Seriously, flaming someone's thread is also not allowed in the forum rules. So taking the time to continue debating this point, or bringing it up again is quite redundant as you are breaking rules to argue about me breaking rules. I already apologized, with a sincere apology after my snarky one. I stopped posting in the level design thread, so it's not like I'm blasting my stuff all over front pages for attention in two locations, I have moved over to this one. If you want to start a thread about not posting to beta section without a download in hand then be my guest. As for continuing the conversation about it on here, please stop. I stopped, so there is no reason to continue. I will no longer debate here. If you wanna send me a PM about your feelings go for it, if you want to add me on steam and continue a conversation about it go ahead.

And if you want a conversation with Skell take it to skell, not my thread. Seems fair enough right? I'm really not that upset, but when I am spending 8 hours a day working on a map to have this thread blowing up into a complaining s**t storm it rubs me the wrong way.

Eh dun worry about all the pointlessness over something rather dumb. Someone got on me about tweaking paris and I simply pointed out that we don't have a tweak section on the forums yet nor would level design fit it all that well. You have a damn good map to tend to. Looking forward to testing it :D

Upvote 0
Definitely the first map to be released for download that is truly professional in quality. This map definitely goes toe to toe with any of the maps that Tripwire released with the game in terms of quality but I personally like the aesthetic of this map much more than the original 3 by Tripwire. Love it, can't wait to play it all night!

Also to the people saying it is too dark. No. You are wrong. All the maps so far have been too bright and this is perfect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Went through and played it a bit. I like the theme but some of the meshes feel out of place like the stretched hotel pillars.

Making the flame lights flicker will go a long way and I think making the green room lights pulse slowly would add to the atmosphere as well.

Creative use of meshes and I like the layout of one central hub with 4 areas spreading from it.

Upvote 0
Beta 1-3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp7761okfsjqiqf/KF-DeleriumBeta1-3.rar?dl=0[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp7761okfsjqiqf/KF-DeleriumBeta1-3.rar?dl=0[/URL]

Detailing added
Culling adjustments

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I went today From Beta3 to Beta4 on my Server. The improvements are very noticeable. The assets from the integration of Manor textures are immense. But after the waves there are no markers to the trader. The only way to find the trader is to search via compass. I tried other servers with Beta4 and there is the same bug with missing markers. However is everything fine when I am playing the map solo.

Upvote 0
Hey Swift! I met you during the pre-EA closed beta hehe.

Anyways, map feedback: the blood splatter is completely glitched out, it does this weird thing where multiple, tiny microscopic splats go all over and duplicate in a weird way across the floor tiles. And to me proper splatters is the most important thing I look for when map testing, cuz I'm bloodthirsty lol.

But other than that the map looks amazing! Please fix the blood splatter and we're golden. :)

Upvote 0
The map looks amazing. Looks like it was ripped right out of a horror movie. I really enjoyed the aesthetic changes from room to room. Unfortunately, I didn't really think the map played amazingly. The entire map was flat, there wasn't any change in elevation at all. With the rooms being so sectioned off, you pretty much just picked a room and camped in it. I noticed that I was holding out in a room and nothing spawned in the room with me, so I was able to just sit there focused on one direction and pick things off in the hallway.

Upvote 0
I went today From Beta3 to Beta4 on my Server. The improvements are very noticeable. The assets from the integration of Manor textures are immense. But after the waves there are no markers to the trader. The only way to find the trader is to search via compass. I tried other servers with Beta4 and there is the same bug with missing markers. However is everything fine when I am playing the map solo.

This has happened in the past and with another mapper, I can't remember what fixes it.

Hey Swift! I met you during the pre-EA closed beta hehe.

Anyways, map feedback: the blood splatter is completely glitched out, it does this weird thing where multiple, tiny microscopic splats go all over and duplicate in a weird way across the floor tiles. And to me proper splatters is the most important thing I look for when map testing, cuz I'm bloodthirsty lol.

But other than that the map looks amazing! Please fix the blood splatter and we're golden. :)

Blood splatter has not been properly setup in this map, it may be a while before it gets done. Sorry I can't help you yet.

The map looks amazing. Looks like it was ripped right out of a horror movie. I really enjoyed the aesthetic changes from room to room. Unfortunately, I didn't really think the map played amazingly. The entire map was flat, there wasn't any change in elevation at all. With the rooms being so sectioned off, you pretty much just picked a room and camped in it. I noticed that I was holding out in a room and nothing spawned in the room with me, so I was able to just sit there focused on one direction and pick things off in the hallway.

I noticed this as well, if you stay in the long hallways they tend to not spawn from the larger chambers, I'll look into adjustments for those spawners.

Look very good and play well but could use some optimisation.

What kind of optimization are you looking for?

Swift, your avatar is so.... Brutal, haha

Very cool map, love the mood of it !!

New version is nice, better graphics IMHO

Thanks! Try google image searching Swift Brutal Death and see what pops up. (In the USA this works)

What is his avi suppose to be? Is it a Kitty? Thats what i have been seeing for ages but thats just from like a quick skim. I never bother to actually "look" at it.

It's a dog playing in snow.

Upvote 0