• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Defence Alliance 2 Beta 1.6

After Release

After Release

First of all, thanks for downloading DA2. And for the kind words you wrote on the forums.

I've been playing online with some of you guys, and I had alot of fun.
I also discovered some issue in Blackgold, where the door won't open when the first objective was destroyed. I forgot the add the trigger event, and it's already fixed. I would like to add the updated map in a possible next release.

Many people who played online, must have noticed the crashing while loading a new map. This was left in, since we were unable to fix this. Some people suggested to just release, and maybe somebody could fix it afterwards. If there is someone that would like to look into the source to figure out the problem, i'd be pleased to give it to you.

I also added a suprise in the 'help' folder of DA2. It's a picture of the ATV, that could be in a next release! But that would only be possible if somebody could animate it, and import it into the game, because DA2 doesnt have a coder and animator anymore.

Any skilled animator (maya prefered) or coder could contact me on PM, or email.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Ok, a rough and quick howto:

1) You install a RO server on your gameserver
2) You install DA2 on your local machine
3) You take the files in the DA2 folder in your RedOrchestra folder and zip them
4) You upload the zipped files to the gameserver
5) Extract the files in the RO gameserver folder so you get a folderstructure like: ./redorchestra/DA2/
In the DA2 folder you have subfolders like System, Textures, Maps, etc.
6) Edit the ini so it fits your needs (ports for example, cant help you there, until you really know what you are doing, leave it as default)
7) Start the server: ./ucc-bin server DA2-Triumph.rom?game=DA2-Triumph?BonusVehicles=false?Game=da2.DefenceAlliance?bAutoNumBots=False?NumBots=14 -nohomedir -ini=../DA2/System/da2.ini -mod=DA2

for a restart script with variable maps at restart...
i will ask ueber to post it later.

Hope i didnt forget anything
Oh and to the DA guys, a zip package would be great. Linux servers dont really like .exe files. And with a zip file we could leave the whole dowloading and uploading action out ;)

Upvote 0
Restart script with random map choice at start (or after a crash):

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

# Florian Unglaub <[email protected]>

use strict;
use warnings;

use POSIX ":sys_wait_h";

$SIG{CHLD} = \&handle_child;

our $chld_received = 1; # initialize with 1 so we don't do a infinite
						# loop without ever forking the first child
our $childpid;

# Random Map at startup
my %maplist = (
	0 => 'DA2-BlackGold.rom',
	1 => 'DA2-Triumph.rom',
	2 => 'DA2-Triumph2.rom',
	);

my $pidfile="~/private.pid";

while ()
	{
	if ( $chld_received )
		{
		unless ( $childpid = fork() )
			{
			my $date=time();
			my $map=$maplist{int(rand(3))}; # 0 <= random number <= 2
			my $startup_options="$map?game=DA2-Triumph?BonusVehicles=false?Game=da2.DefenceAlliance?bAutoNumBots=False?NumBots=14  -nohomedir -log=../logs/da2/DA2_Server_$date.log -ini=../DA2/system/da2.ini -mod=DA2";
			exec("./ucc-bin server $startup_options") or die $!;
			}
		$chld_received = 0;
		}
		system("echo $childpid > $pidfile");
		sleep(); # **** me gently with a chainsaw
	}

sub handle_child
	{
	waitpid($childpid, WNOHANG);
	$chld_received = 1;
	unlink $pidfile;
	}

Upvote 0
i can play the game fine but jesus christ the attackin team get screwed.

The amount of turrets for the defenders is ludicrous.

They should either be in place at the start and have to be built or give the mechanics the possibility of building more. But atm the attackers can barely build a turret due to the avers/etc destroying them before even 20% built.

Either reduce the armour of turrets (by 300 points each) or just give the defenders less cos atm it just annoyin and you never see infantry fighting which is a shame.

Upvote 0
The rocketeer can own any turrent.

I use the Rocketeer when I'm on the attacking team. Not for the rocket launcher, but for the plasma bombs. Just rush turrets and toss a plasma bomb on it. That thing will be history and kill any troops around it. If you get a few people doing this, you can clear entire sections of defenders.

Upvote 0
For the people who'd still like to play Defence Alliance 2 offline or online. I've uploaded a Fixed Maps patch, you can find the link here. (mirror up soon)

- Fixed doors that wouldn't open after triggered in Blackgold.
- Reduced Mortar Fire in Triumph.
- Defending Team can no longer build new AVER's in Triumph.

There will be no further official upgrades.

Upvote 0
Capt.Marion said:
sweet. i guess that means y'all's is moving on to the next version of DA2, like B1.7 or something...

''There will be no further official upgrades.'', because I'm the only one left in the DATeam.

Too bad, because I really wanted that ATV in, and lots of other things. And I will only continue with a complete team.

Moddb download is corrupted

Works fine here.

Upvote 0