• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Default timelimit on Classic servers?

Cyper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
Sweden
Does anyone know what the default time limit for classic servers is?

I've been playing the mode for about 4 hours and I have found that its really, really hard for the germans to take CAP's on some maps. Yesterday, I had a great match, with very solid teamwork. People communicating by text and mic. Despite this we lost a lot of battles; but not because we were playing bad. Rather the opposite: we were advancing all the time and slowly but surely pushing Ivan back. Unfortunately, almost every loss was because we never made it in time.

The speed in Classic is obviously quite slower than in vanilla and the way you approach the objective is very different. I think this may require more time but despite this so many servers have a very poor timelimit. It feels like you're fighting against the time rather than other players.

Last edited:
The speed in Classic is obviously quite slower than in vanilla and the way you approach the objective is very different. I think this may require more time but despite this so many servers have a very poor timelimit. It feels like you're fighting against the time rather than other players.
Indeed. It's so because progress in Classic is slower for several reasons - no squad leader spawn which forces you to use spawn points that are quite far away and when you die you've to make a walk again and stamina combined with speed won't get you as fast to the combat zone as in Realism. Especially when you're under fire and have to move smart instead of fast. I'd like to see more time added. Even 5 minutes would be very helpful.

Is the time limit a server option?
From what I know it is.

Upvote 0
This s a shame... because Classic is really good compared to current realism mode. It's far from perfect but its definitely more realistic in terms of gameplay. The mode itself also improves on realism by completely removing features such as perks, unlocks, spawn on SL etc.It does unfortunately feel like the game itself wasn't developed for Classic Mode in the first place... Bigger maps forces infantry to WALK everywhere because there is no transport at all. The vanilla map design feels very compact and designed for more fast-paced combat.

I don't have anything against increasing stamina and speed... but the effect for doing so makes the game completely unplayable. Especially on smaller maps. People run around like headless chickens.

I even ended up playing realism mode with nomad yesterday.. I have to admit it was a fun match despite few players, but the map was good, player was good.. still realism mode got really some things missing. Or rather, should have some thing missing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bigger maps forces infantry to WALK everywhere because there is no transport at all.
Do you really need transport on a maps 500 meters long in a ruined city that even tanks had problems to operate within, because of a rabble made by bombers before the direct assault on the city itself?

Or do you mean custom maps? If they're really big then indeed we need transport vehicles released soon, because before we'll have them we'll have to relay on spawn points in Classic and that takes time on Classic's speed.

Upvote 0
Imo, the movement speed is wrong in Classic and Realism both. You can never get the speed right by using just one speed. What is needed is movement speed based on terrain, slope. That way you can have Realism-like movement on flat ground, while having something closer to Classic-speed on rough terrain, slopes and stairs. Natural defensive properties from higher ground will then also come into play.

I am investigating if this is feasible with a mod (will take time).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't have anything against increasing stamina and speed... but the effect for doing so makes the game completely unplayable. Especially on smaller maps. People run around like headless chickens...

Well, the one thing I have gotten from reading proposed changes to Classic mode that almost everyone agrees with, is that Stamina needs to be increased a bit. Others have also suggested and I agree, that sprint speed could be a little faster, but not as fast as it is in Realism.

Upvote 0