• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Decrease the game's cost

void(0)

Jun 22, 2013
It is not news for anyone that the player base of RO2/RS is on a free fall. I'm having hard times to find a decent match over months. So I wonder why this game is still being sold at $19.99?

With more $5 you event get RS2. Furthermore, its the same value of new good games like Cuphead or famous games like Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege. With more $10 you get Killing Floor 2 or the new sensation PUBG. The point is, why a newcomer would buy RO2/RS at this price? I know it has sales by time to time, but I think the cost should be decreased for real, like $5 forever, or even for free, why not? We are talking about a 6 years old game, with outdated graphics(which can keep players away), but can intruduce newcomers to the franchise and RS2 though.

Its sad to see a game we love not receiving the love it deserves from its producer. Besides the aforementioned outdated graphics it still haves UI and gameplay bugs since like forever, with no hope of being fixed. I don't want to sound rude here, but why even keeping a game like this in the steam if sometimes it seems that Tripwire don't want people plays it?

I dont think you understand what you're talking about here.
Make the game for $5 or even free? What will the game owners recieve in exchange on their spent $20 huh? Aint gonna happen, not that I dont care, but the fact that the people are gonna be upset.
Oh and please dont start on a game's playerbase. It has almost more players than RS2 does by a matter of fact.
Bugs and issues with UI and let alone gameplay is too far fetched to be honest. Game supported stopped in 2015 with last update, HotW was only supported because it was last light in a game and now you literally suggesting to get the game from steam?
You sound like a moron right here and the facts I've stated show the other picture, unlike what you're saying with "if sometimes it seems that Tripwire don't want people play it?"

Upvote 0
Idk why you're so mean here, I didn't wanted to sound rude, wasn't my intention, as I said before.

"What will the game owners recieve in exchange on their spent $20 huh?" A: More players to play against with. Also, how many copies are being sold lately? I don't have that info but I don't think its too much, besides sales. I hope I'm wrong tho.

"people are gonna be upset" I have seen a lot of games becoming free, this is not news. But I think just decreasing its value will be enough, free would be too much, I agree. But if you search over the most mainstream games of 2011 you will see that most of them costs around U$ 19.99 like RO2, but you have to consider that RO2 was never a mainstream game tho.

"Oh and please dont start on a game's playerbase" yeah I can start with that, its being subject for a lot of concern for the community lately, " It has almost more players than RS2 does by a matter of fact." Sure, that is probably because RS2 was so disappoiting at least for me(believe I expected this game so much since its annoucement, but I was frustrated), it should have been for many other people too, but this is not the point here.

"Game supported stopped in 2015" one more reason right here, thanks for point it out. "now you literally suggesting to get the game from steam?" That was totally sarcasm, sorry I didn't put that tag <sarcasm> on. Oh, another sarcastic one : "sometimes it seems that Tripwire don't want people play it?"

"You sound like a moron" you didn't even added a single argument in the whole post but your full-of-hate opinion, and I'm the moron here.

Again, I don't wanted to sound rude. I just fell sad about all those empty servers, thats all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0