• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Decoys and mirrors.

while that would be cool, and add some uniquness....

to mutch, to late in dev (hopefully...)

to many buttons

its a cool idea, but the max range anyone has ever sniped me at, or i sniped them was like 500 yards. at that range you should know where the sniper generaly is.

and, its not like the movies where its only a helmet with 2 holes that they line up and look threw!

first off....the helmit sould snip, throwing off the aim threw the holes.

2nd....if i saw you looking threw the holes, and i was the sniper, i would snoot thre that helmet into your head.....

3rd... even if you had someone spotting the muzzel flash of the sniper rifle, it would basicly be the same thing as playing "pop goes the wheesle" with live humans. More then a few times i have had a friend run past a window to get the twitchy sniper to fire a shot...so i can spot him...and shoot him. your going past the window so fast he cant hit you at range.

the bullet takes to long to get there...unless he could see threw walls! (HAX!!!!!)

in ww1 they did have periscopes on a fake head, but taht was static trenches, not a constinly shifting front of stalingrad!

Reactions: Krator
Upvote 0
If this were a sniper sim kinda game, sure. But RO is a little too fast paced for features like this. There's going to be 64 players running around the map. Marksmen aren't going to take the time to set up a decoy just to kill one enemy. By the time the decoy is set up, there will be enemies knocking at your door, either to shoot you in the back or nade the crap out of your spot as soon as they see the decoy.

Reactions: ductape3
Upvote 0
Maybe have a button that can "Grab" world objects or karma objects. Might not have much use but would allow interesting tactics for those who like thinking creatively. Maybe if your helmet fell off you could pick it up and do the "sniper bait".

Or maybe you could stack some bricks on a window to block the view or offer limited protection.

Or maybe you could even throw something to make a dust cloud where the object lands that could trigger the peripheral vision system to offer a distraction.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
This suggestion is familiar... Didn't someone post another thread about decoys and mirrors, I remember someone commenting with a pic of AA3 with a sniper with his helmet on a stick.
Yes, this is an incredibly popular suggestion. There are probably at least 4 or 5 other threads just like this one, asking for mirrors, decoys, periscopes, or anything to that effect. And everytime I see these threads, I want to erase "Saving Private Ryan" and "Enemy at the Gates" from the pages of film history...

But I was too lazy to find one of those theads, paste the link here, and say the magic words, "Use the search tool".:p

Upvote 0
to many buttons

I don't know if you've noticed recently but there are many buttons on a keyboard. Most of them tend to do nothing.

So long as 26 buttons arn't required to move. I think having J or K or L to use a mirror is acceptable. There is never going to be a moment where this has to be done urgently within a second. Features like this, when stacked on top of each other, add to the immersion and awe factor.

Just stating that in general for any game! It is too late for them to add stuff though yar =)

Upvote 0