FNG / Fresh Meat
- Sep 20, 2011
STATUS: 1.2 WHITELISTED
This RO2/RS mutator allows players to restrict and configure the display of informations on the HUD. It has no server setting, but needs to be installed on servers to allow players to use it. When players subscribe through the workshop, they get access to a friendly user interface. Otherwise, they will need to setup their config file, once they download it from a server that has it installed.
- Tactical Overlay Key: This setting must match your in-game tactical overlay button.
- Restrict Tactical Overlay: When checked, the tactical overlay will only be displayed when requested by the player (ex: it won't appear anymore after capping a territory).
- Minimum Tactical Overlay Display Time: This setting, modifies the delay during which the tactical overlay remains displayed when the key is pressed and released. This setting is not stored in the mutator settings, since it is a normal setting, but this interface allows you to change the value more easily. The range of allowed values goes from 0 to 10.
- Semitransparent Own Messages: When checked, the kill messages where you are involved will be semi-transparent.
- Others Visibility: This setting allows you to change the display of the messages that don't involve your kill/death. The different values are hidden, semitransparent and normal.
- VOIP Talkers Visibility: When someone talks on VOIP, an icon appears on the left. With this setting, you can make that icon insibile, semi-transparent, or normal.
- Chat Delay: Allows to configure the duration of the chat messages, from 3 to 10 seconds.
- Chat Opacity: Allows to change the opacity of the chat messages, from 50% to 100%.
- Announcements Y Scale: The empty space between the top of the screen and the announcements is scaled by that factor.
- Restrict Friendly Player Names: When the tactical overlay is not displayed, this settings allows to reduce the playername visibility settings (none, near or all). When on a server with lower visibility setting, the server setting will rule to ensure fairness between players.
- Hide Function Indicator: When checked, the widget related to the function key (cover, mantle, etc) won't be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Hide Crosshair: When checked, removes the crosshair.
Give a positive evaluation if you like it, thanks!
Try it out and configure it through the workshop!
Note: It is strongly recommended to use the workshop to configure the mutator settings. If downloaded from a server, the mutator will have no effect until configured properly, which can be done in the configuration file, but I suggest that you use the Workshop interface.
These servers run the mutator:
- Australia -
- Germany -
- Russia -
- United Kingdom -
- USA -
Server Admins, post in this thread to get your server added to/removed from the list above!
- Download the archive attached to this post.
- Put the ini files in your server config folder.
- Put DeclutterMyHud.u in your server CookedPCServer folder and in your redirect.
- In your server startup line, add ?mutator=DeclutterMyHud.DeclutterMyHud
- Editing the config file is useless (client-side mutator, server has no control on it).
Client Side - Config File
As stated above, I strongly suggest that you use the workshop interface to configure the mutator. However, if you want to edit the configuration file manually, here's the different values allowed:
- HasBeenConfigured: If this setting is absent, or present with a value of 'false' the configuration will be reset during the next execution. Leave this to 'true'.
- ToggleKey: String that represents your tactical overlay key (e.g.: T)
- RestrictTacticalOverlay: true or false
- AnnouncementsScale: any value between 0.1 and 1.0
- FriendlyPlayerNames: 0 means 'none', 1 means 'near' and 2 means 'all'
- HideFunctionIndicator: true or false
- HideCrosshair: true or flase
- VOIPTalkersVisibility: 0 means 'invisible', 1 means 'semitransparent' and 2 means 'normal'
- KillWidgetReduceOwnVisibility: true or false
- KillWidgetOthersVisibility: 0 means 'invisible', 1 means 'semitransparent' and 2 means 'normal'
- ChatDelay: any value between 3.0 and 10.0
- ChatOpacity: any value between 0.5 and 1.0
- Add an unranked mode that forces a server-provided default configuration. That configuration would have to NOT be saved on the client, to prevent it from being carried to another server.
- Hide the stamina bar.
- Hide the compass.
- Scale the announcements font, not only move them higher.
- Hide the 'weapon position' icon (deployed).
- Hidden/Semiransparent capping icons above the compass.
- Hidden/Semitransparent TE capping widget at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a mutate command that allows to switch to a default configuration.
- Remove the message displayed when slow dying.