• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] Death When Selecting Class and Weapon!

johnkeel105

Aug 4, 2007
I am not certain if this is a bug, or just something looked past in testing, but in every game I have played, this doesn't happen. After you spawn into the game, you may have chosen the wrong class or gun. So you go to the menu and select the right one and the game suicides you instantly, which harms your teams score and takes you out immediately. If I wanted to suicide to get the weapon and class now, i should be able to make that choice, via a button or checkbox.

Instead I am killed instantly and I have my new class, but I have hurt my team and now I have to wait through the spawn queue.

Is there any reason for this design decision, because to me it is just annoying.

Thanks.

It definitely should be on the priority list of gameplay fixes (along with the spawn menu issues, lack of chat in-between rounds, lockdown issues and other stuff).

But I guess with the numerous bugs that needs solving, as well as the work on the crucial SDK, they won't get around to this for some time.

Upvote 0