• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Tuning] Death When Selecting Class and Weapon!

johnkeel105

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 4, 2007
I am not certain if this is a bug, or just something looked past in testing, but in every game I have played, this doesn't happen. After you spawn into the game, you may have chosen the wrong class or gun. So you go to the menu and select the right one and the game suicides you instantly, which harms your teams score and takes you out immediately. If I wanted to suicide to get the weapon and class now, i should be able to make that choice, via a button or checkbox.

Instead I am killed instantly and I have my new class, but I have hurt my team and now I have to wait through the spawn queue.

Is there any reason for this design decision, because to me it is just annoying.

Thanks.

l3earJew

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
I know, it's ridiculous!! They have far bigger problems with RO2 than the "select class suicide" but really one of the dumbest things i've seen in gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goten

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
It definitely should be on the priority list of gameplay fixes (along with the spawn menu issues, lack of chat in-between rounds, lockdown issues and other stuff).

But I guess with the numerous bugs that needs solving, as well as the work on the crucial SDK, they won't get around to this for some time.

TheDrStrange

Tripwire QA Team
May 17, 2011
Have linked this thread to the current report that we have addressing the issue of the role change suicide and how it will negatively affect your team.