• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Death of Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sorry guys, but you say something extremely stupid. Mikhail Kalashnikov is not hero because he made a nice weapon ( at least, not only because this ), but because he spent all his life for serving to his Motherland. First, He fought in T34; then he got wound and in hospital constructed his first weapon - SMG; He win the assault rifle contest throught all problems; then he was creating another weapons for his country, HE WAS WORKING EVEN IN HIS LAST DAYS OF LIFE; this is a Man who spent all his life for serving and thats why he is Hero - not because some monkeys took gun, designed by him, and shotted civilians. Saying that he is bad because someone used his weapon is the same if i said that Shpagin is bad because nazi germany used his captured PPSh's.

I'm interested to know what you mean by 'monkeys'.

Upvote 0
Just that when I lived in Russia I frequently heard Asiatic, Caucasian (meaning from the Caucasus, rather than 'white') and black people referred to as 'monkeys' (обезьяна). I never once heard it used to describe a stupid person.

As an American, I've only ever heard it used by hateful bigots to describe Africans or any other sort of people with dark complexions. I've never heard it used as an insult to one's intelligence either.

Upvote 0
Why did I read this thread?

HAY lets jump on Eugene Stoners grave to while where at it. You know the guy that designed the M16. Or John Garand for the m1 Garand. OR hell Satin himself John Moses Browning. Or is that Hyrim Maxim that bastard American that designed and sold machine guns to everyone in the late 1800's early 1900's.

Mr. Kalash there made this thing to defend his country. It is notable he never designed another weapon as far as I know. He made a weapon that is inexpensive to make, reliable, and soldier proof. The proliferation of the thing is profound. Its made everywhere by many legit governments or even guys with hand tools in the mountains.

In my time in my crappy war I unfortunately pointed many weapons at my country's enemy's. But it would have been ME doing the killing with a John Browning MG or a Stoner designed weapon. If I where only to have my hands and my mind then that would do too. There are people who will kill you dead with an ak for no better reason than your tribe, religion, or where you live. And then there a guys who will defend you with their lives with that same AK. But its always been that way. Fists, rocks, spears, swords, lances, pikes, muskets, rifles, cannon....until people stop this nonsense sometimes good people need a weapon too. Because all the hippy love juice in the world will not stop evil people doing evil things.

If I where born in Russia and fought the Germans in ww2...wounded. I would be dreaming up a way to keep on trying to defend my own as well. But like any tool or weapon...once it gets out there in the world... I dont think Mr. Kalashnikov did anything any other soldier out there would have done if able. Its all time and place. And dont fool yourself into thinking other western weapons like FN Fal's, G3's, m4/16, etc etc have not also been used for unspeakable evil when sold, given, manufactured, acquired by bad people.

Upvote 0