• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Death Messages Delay?

-[SiN]-bswearer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
something i noticed earlier, but needed to go back for a closer look......

YouTube - Gamescom 2010: Prezentacja gry Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad (część 1)

anyone else see the delays in the death messages? look closely at when Ramm sprays and ends up killing maybe 3 or 4 enemies.....they don't come up instantly on the screen as death messages. although when he gets shot, his "death" shows up instantly. there's even a few times where he appears to kill 3 or 4 guys, no messages pop up, then he dies and immediately his "kill" messages then appear. in some spots you can clearly see when he shoots an enemy and what appears to be a "bleedout" icon appears in the death message.

check around 7:45 and you can see what i'm talking about. he shoots a guy Ivan0 in the back with a k98...no message. he then shoots Ivan10 with a c96 and just then the first message pops up. a couple seconds later, the second message appears under the first. the first (Ivan0) disappears and the second (Ivan10) moves up. around 8:30 you see him hit a guy from really short (4m) with a c96 and a few seconds later you see the bleed out icon......he then shoots another from a bit farther away (8m) and there's a noticeable delay.

looks like this suggestion was taken into consideration :)

Last edited:
Yep delayed death messages are in. It will likely be the default for realism mode. And we'll have plenty of options for the death messages, including no death messages, or configuring the delay time. For countdown in particular it really helps make the game more intense having the delay and not knowing for sure if you killed someone or not right away.

Upvote 0
Yep delayed death messages are in. It will likely be the default for realism mode. And we'll have plenty of options for the death messages, including no death messages, or configuring the delay time. For countdown in particular it really helps make the game more intense having the delay and not knowing for sure if you killed someone or not right away.

Stop making me drool all over my desk, please :eek:

EDIT: What am i saying? Please, do continue! ;D

Upvote 0

does it include the scoreboard with the delay, because otherwise it can be easy to press f1 and just see oh it went +1.

Upvote 0

This is truly awesome.

Upvote 0
Pls, no death messages as a default. Not knowing if u killed someone is wicked for immersion.

"Did you just kill that guy over there by the corner"
"Idk, u go check it out"
"phuck that sheit, i'll just throw a grenade there"

He said we'll have options, isn't that good enough?
What is default is irrelevant..

Great feature tho, really nice to see that they've taken this into consideration.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I can already see 90% of the servers, even the full realism ones, enabling death messages. I don't understand why most ROOST servers have DM enabled. I mean, the game is so much better without death messages! Firefights would be so much intense.
You see an enemy going into the middle of the smoke and you start shooting with a MG, but then you see the kill confirmation and then you stop shooting because you saw that you killed him even without seeing his dead body. It kills a lot of immersion IMO.

Upvote 0