• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Dealing With The Nerfs As Field Medic

I would like to know how people are dealing with the price nerfs as a Field Medic. So far, I'm struggling to do much besides heal for 3-4 rounds before I can afford the SMG, since having a handgun as my primary damage weapon for 3+ rounds on hard+ is a real struggle, and compared to other classes I end up pathetically poor and weak. Is there any strategies people have found that work to combat these changes?

I... don't know what to say. You shouldn't be needing to heal at all in the first couple rounds, just kill stuff and heal dart quickly if the opportunity arises.

I almost always have SMG after wave 1 on hard, though sometimes I need to sell my med pistol for ammo if I havn't scavenged anything else.

Definitely I have it after wave 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It feels that directly bypassing everything until you can buy the rifle at the earliest in the game seems to be reasonable.

The pistol does it's job pretty good, you can tag stuff for getting exp, kill smaller things and heal with it.

The peanut-shooter max ammo count & damage doesn't justify its price. And it doesn't even heal any better than the pistol.

The shotgun also feels sub-par as a weapon. Burst is pretty good but again capacity&healing is the problem. (People comparing it to support shotguns are forgetting the amazing penetration&dmg bonus the support gets)

Especially if you take into account, that a medic should forfeit ammo boxes to classes who can get literally more "bang" out of them.

The Rifle really stands out from all other weapons.

In itself it heals better than having all 3 other weapons combined and switching between them, on higher levels.

Upvote 0
I would like to know how people are dealing with the price nerfs as a Field Medic. So far, I'm struggling to do much besides heal for 3-4 rounds before I can afford the SMG, since having a handgun as my primary damage weapon for 3+ rounds on hard+ is a real struggle, and compared to other classes I end up pathetically poor and weak. Is there any strategies people have found that work to combat these changes?

This is my personal opinion It is a risky play for your team and you but I would suggest holding onto your money and not spending anything till Wave 3 for a Rifle unless you need ammo for your Med Pistol buy at least half cause you still got your 9MM. That means having to kill zeds, Asking teammates for Dosh if needed and or finding weapons to sell. It's always worked for me on Suicidal and I always have a Medic Rifle on Wave 3.

Upvote 0
I thought it seemed like the AR had a higher dart capacity or faster recharge or something, compared to the other guns, but I wasn't completely sure.

90% of the time even the pistol's dart capacity is enough to keep the team healed (unless everything is REALLY going wrong) so I'm thinking that if the AR does in fact have better dart capacity, that's going to be more noticeable if and when you acquire those perk options for poison/sedative darts, and want to be able to actually use them on Zeds without worrying if you'll still have them ready when your team starts dying.

Upvote 0
It recharges faster, spends less ammo and heals more than the others.
Recharge rate: Pistol/SMG 15s | Shotgun 12s | Rifle 10s
Heal: Pistol 20 | SMG/Shotgun 30 | Rifle 40
Ammo cost: Pistol/SMG 50 | Shotgun 40 | Rifle 30

At lvl20+ you can pretty much expend 4 darts in 1second. By the time you could switch to another weapon, the thing would be so much recharged already, that you might as well not bother changing the weapon at all.

At lvl 25 it will only take 3.33s to recharge full again, meaning you can spend a dart every second on average.

Upvote 0