• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dead to this game... Thanks TRIPWIRE!

I played this game for years, I loved jumping into matches solo random as zerker and getting lost in the chaos of it... but now in a small matter of time the class got nerfed because of the power of a weapon, and then the weapon got nerfed after.. Now zerker is the weakest class in the game?... Reliant on another class to even be playable... Thanks Tripwire... Thank you for making me hate your game after loving it for so long...

You have to blame community for it as well, asking twi to nerf zerker or better yet just nerf the darned hemoclobber.... But we got both.

I've been saying for quite a while that no one at the community knows what they want from the game, so we just end up with a collision of opposing opinions and balance suggestions, which ultimately led to the game having bias to favoring more ranged AOE perks and guns, rather than something up your face or at larger distances with slow ROF but higher dmg output.

Reactions: AK12 and Aze
Upvote 0
M8, how am i supposed to make dinner now?
Haha, good question, glad you asked. That's a tough situation now, as, instead of preparing your meal while being AFK when the zerk and medic kite the map for 40 mins, you have to either cease playing the game for the time needed or just have a quick snack between the games. In this case don't forget to put "brb 1m piss/snack" into the chat window.

Upvote 0
I will forever maintain Berserker should be a somewhat tanky melee class, not a wimpy hit-and-run or sit-back-and-spam class which it has seemingly devolved into.

I would be all for the following:
- Undoing Berserker nerfs
- Giving all ranged weapons currently belonging to Berserker to Survivalist to expand their lacklustre arsenal
and one I'm sure people will agree with,
- Ditching the Hemoclobber and never adding anything so polarizing into the franchise ever again

Regarding the Clobber, I actually like it but I'm not going to lose sleep over its absence if it means focus can shift to actual problems such as continual pathing issues and the seemingly endless number of spots you can get into via the Kaboomstick...

Upvote 0
Q:When does the player notice that someone is out there alone?
A:After their characters die.
As far as I know, the people AROUND me who have played 1000 + hours think these nerfs are stupid.
However,noobs can be strong in community.
Tripwire have you counted how many of the players who suggested nerf are still playing the game?

Upvote 0
Oh noooooooooooo, they've balanced my favorite overpowered class so now I can't drag the game as a last man standing for 40 mins like I did before, noooooooooo
Yeah no, KF2 zerkers werent doing that pre-hemoclobber. They were heavily reliant on medics to keep them alive for the first few years of KF2 (class identity WHAT'S THAT???), unlike KF1 "katana & xbow" where they were even better at lone wolfing then the post-hemoclobber pre-nerf KF2 zerker.

I wanted them to balance the hemoclobber for years because it invalidated almost every other zerker weapon with sustain and aoe dot/cc, instead they nerfed the whole class into the ground AND THEN the weapon that was causing the problem in the next update... meanwhile firebug, demo, and medic are still invalidating most other classes through sheer force of overpowered AE WEPS...

You call that balancing? lol...

I will never forget all the fun I had over the years of getting lost in the chaos of melee, the hundreds of hours I spent honing my parry timings to keep the 10 sec buff rolling (It felt so good to tank fleshpounds), and tanking everything I could for my team...

Go try to do any of these things on hoe as a post-nerf zerker and see how much fun it is now...

Goodbye Killing Floor 2, it was fun while it lasted.

Reactions: Aze and Sarcy
Upvote 0
The zerk nerfs were needed imo, but TWI's balance philosophy seems very unconsistent. Why was zerk nerfed so hard, but not medic? medic has always been much better than zerk and has exactly the same problems of being too forgiving and kiting the game for 40 min. If TWI really doesn't want to touch medic (for some reason) maybe the solution is to at least rework LMS so that a bad medic gets punished for letting his team die.

@emergency snacks Zerk is stilll a great class, definitely better than firebug and demo. The problem with zerk (and medic) is that they have movement speed + regen which breaks the game for people who can abuse it. Basically you have so many resistance buffs that you are 90% guaranteed to be the LMS if something goes wrong and then zerk is an easy class to solo the wave.

Upvote 0