• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day 1 patch/fix out and updating through Steam

Quick question,

I have made quite a few changes to the .ini file in my dedicated server. Can I simply copy the entire contents over from that, or are there sufficient changes in the new update to make that not work?

Edit: Now all the players are getting 'engine mismatch error' when they try to connect. I presume my server hasn't updated yet. Is this automatic or will I have to reinstall it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quick response and quick fixes, thanks! Very nice job by the way.

A mod told me he would add this to a list but here is another bug I came across:
While in game if you press escape and in that menu click add this server to favorites, it will say added, but it does not add the server to favorites.

Upvote 0
EDIT!

The game updated itself.

but fixed non of the issues it mentioned.

The patch release should say.

Lie about fixing things.

Add note when trying to host server telling people to open ports which fixes nothing.

I still cant find 90% of the servers in the list, and the only difference is now. instead of the 100/1000 showing up instantly.

It now takes 5 minutes.

It's now even worst and I have more problems.

How are you guys testing these patches?

With a beer in one hand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its working a lot better for me.

Tried connecting through the Steam browser and downloaded a"Fonts" file. I was unable to connect due to a mis-match, server side no doubt.
I then connected from the in-game browser to another server successfully.
I have reactivated the DNS option btw.

Phew, that was hot.

Upvote 0
hmm very nice work TWI, very very nice. but im still not happy with the user interface menus and server browser, the presentation of all 3 is sub par, i would like to see a further patch which makes the UI look more appealing and user freindly, seems a waste to make a AWESOME game and then give it a fugly user interface and menus :S

you can imagine that the first focus of TWI will go out to fixing peoples problems, so do not expect a cosmetic patch soon, I'm sure it will come in time but not now

Upvote 0