• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dawn of War 2

So what on earth is one supposed to do to be able to use Windows Live?
Doesnt work for me in Kane and Lynch, doesnt work for me in DoW2, it looks fairly useless and it makes me think i'm not on my pc but sitting behind an xbox, which it keeps trying to make me think i am, implying that i need xbox 360 controllers :rolleyes:
I can log into regular profile and play a single player game, but it wont let me go online.

Upvote 0
The game gets old fast. World in Conflict was able to manage not giving you a lot of units to play with because your units were important and needed by your team mates. This doesn't have that aspect. So you're playing a game with three units over excessively small maps where your combat is mostly decided by who set up their machine gun in cover first.

Same game as Company of Heroes but now the sinking feeling of knowing the game just beat you comes even faster.

Upvote 0
this game is FAIL

No.

This, Total Wars, World in Conflict and Company of Heroes are the only intresting RTS games that have been made in a long time imo.

Kipper said:
World in Conflict was able to manage not giving you a lot of units to play with because your units were important and needed by your team mates. This doesn't have that aspect. So you're playing a game with three units over excessively small maps where your combat is mostly decided by who set up their machine gun in cover first.

Same game as Company of Heroes but now the sinking feeling of knowing the game just beat you comes even faster.

Not true. In this game you can counter every unit and setting up machine gun is even easier to counter than in CoH. Balance might be a bit off, but Relic is working on it. You can win in this game even if enemy outnumbers you/got upperhand.

I like CoH better tho. I just can't stand it's rank system. You won't get good games going if you don't have good win/lost ratio on both sides, otherwise people will leave or stack the teams. Relic should just dump the e-penis win/lost list and just use rank levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care about balance because i don't play this game in mp (so far).

Single player, i thought it was very good, better than part 1 actually. Building bases in a 40k game just always feels a bit off even though it was overall well done in part 1. This still feels much more like a Warhammer game.

I liked the rpg bits even though i thought a few more different units would've helped. The campaign was very entertaining only they overstretched the concept of having to defend your already conquered territory.

Can't wait for the addon. Please though, for the future: Take some other chapter, blood ravens are getting boring to play and they are not even that important in the 40k universe to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0