• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dat game is bad!

NIKKATSU♥

Oct 25, 2009
So I have been forced to play L4D for a long time, I was told about Killing floor being free for the weekend starting on Thursday. I waited well into Thursday and around 12:30 the update started. I figured I would play this game once and throw it out. FFFFFFFFFFFFF NO THIS GAME IS BAD A SS. I had some doubts at fist since I could not connect, but when I did play I played for hours and hours. I had so much fun in this game I forgot about all the other games on my computer that week end. Sadly the week is over and I wanna toss up a few pics I managed to take of my team leading the last boss into a pipebomb party pile. Their might be a youtube video as well I'm not sure.
Shot00003.jpg

Shot00001.jpg

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00004.jpg

....THANKS FOR THE DEMO TRIPWIRE I ♥ YOU, NO HOMO ~Uguu....
now back to L4D -_-

Most of my friends are knocking Killing Floor because of it's lack of next generation graphics, but I keep telling them that the game is outright fun if you play for the game and not the graphics.

So, I just bought Killing Floor! Yey!

That's what I said at first and I was up all night on skype playing with friends.
Just show them my sudden change of mind. This game is God. lol

Upvote 0
NIKKATSU♥;503719 said:
So I have been forced to play L4D for a long time, I was told about Killing floor being free for the weekend starting on Thursday. I waited well into Thursday and around 12:30 the update started. I figured I would play this game once and throw it out. FFFFFFFFFFFFF NO THIS GAME IS BAD A SS. I had some doubts at fist since I could not connect, but when I did play I played for hours and hours. I had so much fun in this game I forgot about all the other games on my computer that week end.

This is pretty much what happens every time a doubting L4D player tries out KF. They all watch the vids of it and go "STUUUUUUPIIIIIID" but then they play it and then can't stop raving about how wrong they were.

This has happened to all of my ex-L4D fanboy friends.

If a L4D player is saying how much KF sucks, chances are he's never even played it.

So TWI released it out on a free weekend. And look what happened. 3RD MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM ABOVE TF2 AND L4D. Now I know this won't be permanent but look what happened when all the bias doubters had no excuse to not try it out anymore?

All these noob gamers somehow have got it in their head that just cuz a game doesn't have cutting edge graphics that that somehow disqualifies it from being awesome.

And KF kicks all those noobs in the ****ing face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think ultimately it was the physics that sold me. Watching specimen do backflips when you shoot them point blank with the shotgun, watching scrakes fall backwards stiff as a board, and all the motion and chaos going on in a big battle. I thought L4D did a great job with this...but KF actually lets the carnage stay on the screen for a while and that really made the difference for me.

Evaporating 15 specimen with the M79 is by far more fun to watch than making 60 L4D zombies turn into red mist with a pipebomb.

Upvote 0
Reloading in ZED time is the closest thing to visual heroin I can get.

This.

Personally, Zed-time is the closest thing to visual crystal meth I can get ;)

When my brother and sister watch me play [7 and 5 years old, respectively], they get the most excited once Zed-time starts and I begin to pull off headshot after headshot after headshot. :)

Also, graphics mean **** to me, if the gameplay is good. And the gameplay is ****ing amazing. Plus, I love the graphics either way. Unreal 2.5 is an excellent looking engine, even if it's out-dated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is pretty much what happens every time a doubting L4D player tries out KF. They all watch the vids of it and go "STUUUUUUPIIIIIID" but then they play it and then can't stop raving about how wrong they were.

If a L4D player is saying how much KF sucks, chances are he's never even played it.

So TWI released it out on a free weekend. And look what happened. 3RD MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM ABOVE TF2 AND L4D. Now I know this won't be permanent but look what happened when all the bias doubters had no excuse to not try it out anymore?

All these noob gamers somehow have got it in their head that just cuz a game doesn't have cutting edge graphics that that somehow disqualifies it from being awesome.

Sadly I never watched videos If I did i would have tried it already. and I'm not a L4D fanboy I was just using that so anyone who thinks L4D is better will actually try it, It worked fine most of my Friendslist are in KF now.

Upvote 0

To be honest, I never found L4D to be all that impressive in the first place. I had stopped playing Killing Floor for quite a while because well, it's just not quite as fun without friends. But ever since this new content update.... My god, I don't think I've stopped. >.>

Damn addicting game. I've always felt that this game has way more atmosphere and depth than L4D could ever give off. The gameplay experience in its entirety is just more full.

Also, my friend is pissed at the dev team of L4D because they promised frequent DLC and they never delivered.

Either way, I'm extremely impressed with the update and I can't wait for future titles like the new Red Orchestra game. I foresee a good future for TWI .:)

Upvote 0
Most of my friends are knocking Killing Floor because of it's lack of next generation graphics, but I keep telling them that the game is outright fun if you play for the game and not the graphics.

So, I just bought Killing Floor! Yey!
How can they say that? KF has downright excellent graphics, and the levels are even more atmospheric and downright scary than most other games out there. TW did a helluva job with Unreal 2.5.

Upvote 0
Honestly speaking, L4D is a more polished game than KF (not by a large margin btw)

However, I doubt there is a game in the market atm which offers better FUN to money ratio than Killing Floor.

I must admit, KF is the only game I have ever bought (torrents and stuff, you know), but I am definitely not disappointed.
15 euros well spent.

And considering there's a discount for the time being, I'd buy KF in a blink of an eye.
As mentioned, a ton of people who had a prejudice against KF got proven wrong this weekend :p

Upvote 0