• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Das Reich erwacht

TodSky

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2006
Venusberg
Community,

I am sure most of your are fully aware of the fact that Realism in Red Orchestra has had a turbulent past. This has been aggravated by a small community, now it is smaller than ever all that remains are the die hard players. There are and have been many complications other than a small hostile community and the main one that faces us and most of the other realism units is the future and what it has in store for us. With RO2 seemingly nowhere is sight and even if by some miracle of a divine creator Tripwire interactive does produce another game there are no certainties that it will even be a 2nd world war game. This as well as a scattering of MOD’s both RO and otherwise have complicated things immensely.

As any realism unit worth it’s salt will know that with MOD’s most often comes difficulties with portrayals for instance the 17.SS ’GvB’ fought in Normandy but not in Russia it defended southern Germany but did not fight in the Battle of the Bulge. So many units like us find that they have at least two portrayals both eastern and western front some even three if Mare Nostrum is included. There are inherent difficulties that come with this sort of set up both administrational and public relations wise. Not only is it harder than it need be to organise not one but three or more portrayals it also can become confusing for both the public and other units.
However there is seemingly and easy solution to his problem, to chose a unit that fought in maybe not all but at least allot of the European theatres of conflict during the second world war. However there are few that fit this bill. Wolfrum has been lucky as he has chosen the portrayal of the LSSAH which being a ’fire brigade’ unit fought in many of the major conflicts in both Russia and France. We at the 17.SS ‘GvB’ have decided that in order to simplify everything and enable use without difficulty to play as many MOD’s and games as possible be it RO, DH, RnL, BIA or any other WW2 first person shooters or real time strategy which may emerge in the near future has decide that it will change its portrayal one last time and in doing so will only portray the one unit eliminating the complications inherent with a variety of portrayals in different games. The portrayal is that of the

SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment ‘Deutschland’ (A Regiment within the Das Reich Division).

This portrayal was a logical choice as like that the LSSAH it fought on both eastern and western fronts and partook in many major battles. I think I speak for everyone in the SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt ‘Deutschland’ the former ‘GvB’ that this is a portrayal that we hope that we can settle down with, for the past few years we have remained at least from an internal perspective constant but are image has changed many times and while there are no problems with that there is allot of work involved as I am sure people can imagine with the creation of new forum graphics, websites, signatures and everything else which needs to be done. Also after many years of playing RO we have learned allot not just from a tactical perspective but also in the running of a unit and the fact that we have been able to survive in this game for two years while most others have long since died is testament to not only the dedication of those in command but everyone within the unit from lowest rank to the highest. And I belive we have now reached a stage were we can portray such a prestigious regiment as ‘Deutschland’ and do it justice and we hope we can keep it’s name alive.

Website: http://www.Deutschesoldaten.org(Everyone and anyone is welcome to register on our forums).
We will be partaking in the new multi front realism campaign ‘Theatre of Conflict’ this will be starting within the next few weeks so if you are interested in joining then do not hesitate to do so!

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

P.S Here is a link to sister thread on the Darkest hour forum where the discussion has already begun. http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4522/

Last edited:
Don't you guys get bored with this stuff? It seems like you only like all these formality with serious texts and fancy "authentic" images rather than actually playing.
These soldiers, although technically enemies of mine, are rather fun to be in a battle with, on the same side or against them.

I've enjoyed fighting with them quite a number of times and nothing in their play style has hindered the fun, but rather enhanced it.

Upvote 0