• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour

ddrake

Nov 20, 2010
Hi!
I came back to RO after a long hiatus and had the bad surprise of not being able to connect to servers, Steam reporting an error. So, after several tries without luck I tried to install DH and see if it had the same problem.
Weeee what blast! It works and there are several populated servers! Had almost forgotten how fun RO can be. Strange i never tried the mods before.

After a long pause coming back in the game is like starting all over: I was shot so many times i could start a lead business.... :D

See you!

P.S. still have to try and see if RO now works

Thank you,
it took some attempts but now they are both working :)

P.S. for those who don't know how to validate:
In Steam select Menu Games > Game Library to show your Steam games
Right click on DH (or RO), select properties
select local files tab
select verify integrity of game cache

Actually at first try did not work, upon first validation said 24 files had failed to validate and needed to be updated. On second validation said all was ok but still servers wouldn't launch.
Needed two games launch and two validations to fix it, not sure why.

What do they mean by 'defragment cache files'? Of course am familiar with defrag files but in this context?

Thank you

Upvote 0
Thank you,
it took some attempts but now they are both working :)

P.S. for those who don't know how to validate:
In Steam select Menu Games > Game Library to show your Steam games
Right click on DH (or RO), select properties
select local files tab
select verify integrity of game cache

Actually at first try did not work, upon first validation said 24 files had failed to validate and needed to be updated. On second validation said all was ok but still servers wouldn't launch.
Needed two games launch and two validations to fix it, not sure why.

What do they mean by 'defragment cache files'? Of course am familiar with defrag files but in this context?

Thank you

Not sure, but perhaps windows defragger can't move steam files around, so it is possible Valve provide this tool to defrag steam library items.

Upvote 0
Not sure, but perhaps windows defragger can't move steam files around, so it is possible Valve provide this tool to defrag steam library items.

I thought about it. Maybe some info are stored in .zip files (or similar archive) and can be fragmented in there? In this case Defrag tool would not accomplish anything about it.
Not so much important issue anyway.

When I'll have the time I'll try to fix my Linux partition on my gaming pc... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0