• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Trailer

Exactly!

I was a massive supporter but Im getting increasingly fed up with waiting!

Im currently playing a few next gen games as my pc can now handle it! Soon going back to Ost & her mods will be like going back to HL1! Urgh!

Hurry up please!

wow its almost like i'm getting paid and working full time on this, oh right i forgot im not....you won't have to wait much longer if that keeps you happy. Sorry a mod based on a 5-6 year old engine doesn't look like crysis, it does take them 3-5 years to even build a new engine and make a game for it, we've been around for 14 months. So again sorry for letting everyone down :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Exactly!

I was a massive supporter but Im getting increasingly fed up with waiting!

Im currently playing a few next gen games as my pc can now handle it! Soon going back to Ost & her mods will be like going back to HL1! Urgh!

Hurry up please!

I feel you people but making these mods takes from the modders that extra time they have left after finishing work, that time that you'd like to spend with your girl, friends, working out, relaxing so yeah, it takes time. Be patient!!! :D

Upvote 0
wow its almost like i'm getting paid and working full time on this, oh right i forgot im not....you won't have to wait much longer if that keeps you happy. Sorry a mod based on a 5-6 year old engine doesn't look like crysis, it does take them 3-5 years to even build a new engine and make a game for it, we've been around for 14 months. So again sorry for letting everyone down :rolleyes:

Err you havent 'let anyone down'... you're giving yourself a tad too much credit there :rolleyes:

Its the fact that peeps are upgrading their systems whilst getting bombarded with quality games! Its difficult to try to follow these little titles and stay committed!

RO is in serious need of an engine upgrade and waiting for ****ty little mods to come out aint an option for alot of people!

How many people are you hoping to play DH out of curiosity? Or have you not thought of that?

Upvote 0
Err you havent 'let anyone down'... you're giving yourself a tad too much credit there :rolleyes:

Its the fact that peeps are upgrading their systems whilst getting bombarded with quality games! Its difficult to try to follow these little titles and stay committed!

RO is in serious need of an engine upgrade and waiting for ****ty little mods to come out aint an option for alot of people!

How many people are you hoping to play DH out of curiosity? Or have you not thought of that?

I'm not gunna get drawn into an arguement with someone who i figure gave us a lot of support in the past. How is saying i let you down giving myself too much credit exactly? Of course we have thought of a player base for DH, let me make this plain and simple for you, I'm not an idiot, don't treat me like one and i'll extend you the same courtesy (or indeed try and get to me with barely masked insults about my mental capacity). If you think our mod is going to be ****ty, don't play it, go play crysis...Tell you what try modding yourself. If you really want to play DH sign up to test, like i said you don't have long to wait but would you rather hav an unfinished peice of crap or something playable? Like i said i'll leave it there we're giving everyone something for free (no not sounding high and mighty). If people don't want to play it thats fine by me, but dont get down on us for something we worked hard on. RO pushed the engine to it's limits so getting more out of it graphically is hard. The one thing working on the RO mods has taught me is we have an excellent group for a next gen project once DH is out. The next project will clearly have much better graphics but really getting on us for something thats out of our control is out of order.

So again i'll leave it at that. To anyone out there that wants to have a go at CC,DH or MN for not releasing yet stop they're coming soon! And comparing mods to full blown next gen games or calling them ****ty before release is just plain dumb. D3st if you wanna take issue with this pm me, i'd rather get this resolved privately cause like i've said before i think your a decent guy, one of the level headed ones around here. If not then you know where i stand.

p.s. (no offence to hockey warrior or the RnL guys who i have infinite respect for here) But look at resistance and liberation a mod thats been in development 3x longer than ours. 14 months is nothing...just be patient for a tiny while longer.

Upvote 0
Ok mate, I feel I was really out of order with my last post & should have left it after you clearly stated that 'we dont have to wait much longer!!'

Its just that I know we're in an era where next gen games are taking over the scene, and are so well coded that you dont really need a next gen machine to play em!

Its that the competition is so huge right now that quality 'little' (by '****ty' I meant little, I assumed you're british and wouldnt take that the wrong way :))
mods like MN, CC & DH will be brushed aside due to a painfully small player base! Im really sorry if you took that the wrong way!

I test for MN & cant wait for everyone to see all that hard work! And due to the way people will have to install and play these mods, I know for a fact alot of it is gonna go to waste! :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry mate all hell has broken lose at work hence no work i still have that thing to send to you...expect it your inbox this weekend, im in virginia atm on a job interview...stupid company mate thats why gf arrived and then my crappy job got even worse so ive had very little free time hence why no posts on here until today.

Upvote 0
Yeah, try not to spend all that money in one place. Everyone knows we're all getting paid for this on the side (a little lie, but it should fuel some conspiracy theories regardless). :)

Maybe some new stuff will be coming out sooner than everyone thinks, hang in there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue

You guys at DH have nothing to worry about, regardless of the release date. Once DH is released to the public, everyone in the RO community will be checking it out (free is very hard to pass up, even for impatient people). I hope there is enough server and bandwidth to accommodate the first release day. And I feel most will be playing it for a long time with all of the quality to new weapons, new vehicles, beautiful maps and nice uniforms. The attention to historical detail will capture everyone playing this mod.

I have play-tested some of the maps a while ago and can't give any details, but you will see effects that you didn't think this engine can do. Well worth the wait.

I don't believe that this mod can even be compared to the next gen games for a few reasons: first, its free (did I mention that already:rolleyes:?), second its a mod based on an already established community (if you are reading this, need I say more?), and third, its still using Unreal 2.X which means new and older computers will run it great and is "tried and true" on server and client side(not a hundred updates for bugs like new games). There are lots of reasons this mod will be played by many players and for a long time.

DH team, take your time, get it exactly the way you want it. We will be patiently waiting.

Upvote 0