• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Release Updates! (Pt 1 April)

Well, they may mention it in one of their updates for free I think . . . (Like "Two major mods for RO has been released").

Anenas is right. I guess you could call it vision...or ambition :eek: The question is why integrate Darkest Hour when it can and will be so much more?

It can be whatever it want, but if people are not moving their asses to play it; it's fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, they may mention it in one of their updates for free I think . . . (Like "Two major mods for RO has been released").

It can be whatever it want, but if people are not moving their asses to play it; it's fail.

Thats why we are adding more content than anyother RO mod, More maps, more weapons, more player models and new features.
That is why we are sure, once people have tried it they will keep coming back for more and more.

Upvote 0
The issue isn't really how easy it is to get from RO to DH but the thing is no one wants to sit in a near empty server to wait for it to fill up. Here's what happens, a player loads DH, sees 3 people in server, says screw it I want to play in a full RO server and leaves. There might be 20 people who load up in DH in 30 seconds but all will see an empty server.

If it's integrated you can have it on RO servers and then there's no issue.

Anyways, hope you guys can figure something out otherwise I fear for the longevity of the mod (as awesome as it looks -- RO's community is rather small)

It's the same thing as people not wanting to seed a server.

I will be a completley new player to the whole RO/DH community, Ever since seeing the first DH videos it made me get off my butt and build a new machine just for this game! I have been trying to get everyone i know into darkest hour and we need to do everything we can to get those servers FILLED!!!

Upvote 0
I personally have no doubt that DH is going to be a fantastic mod, perhaps the best of the three (though time will tell). I just hope that a) any new players it attracts from DoD/CoD/etc aren't put off by the RO realism and that b) our Aussie community can support it. We're a small, isolated community and we only have the playerbase to support one server at a time. Whether that one server ends up being RO/CC or DH though is yet to be seen.

Upvote 0