Darkest Hour Release Updates! (Pt 1 April)

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
Hopefully it will tempt all the COD/CODUO/COD2 servers to move to DH. :p

Maybe even tempt all the DOD 1.3 servers too.

Could their be a way of steam advertising DH or does it cost money ?

Last edited:

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
Well, they may mention it in one of their updates for free I think . . . (Like "Two major mods for RO has been released").

Anenas is right. I guess you could call it vision...or ambition :eek: The question is why integrate Darkest Hour when it can and will be so much more?

It can be whatever it want, but if people are not moving their asses to play it; it's fail.

Last edited:

ExoCet-NAW

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 17, 2006
Well, they may mention it in one of their updates for free I think . . . (Like "Two major mods for RO has been released").

It can be whatever it want, but if people are not moving their asses to play it; it's fail.

Thats why we are adding more content than anyother RO mod, More maps, more weapons, more player models and new features.
That is why we are sure, once people have tried it they will keep coming back for more and more.

Deathshead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2008
The issue isn't really how easy it is to get from RO to DH but the thing is no one wants to sit in a near empty server to wait for it to fill up. Here's what happens, a player loads DH, sees 3 people in server, says screw it I want to play in a full RO server and leaves. There might be 20 people who load up in DH in 30 seconds but all will see an empty server.

If it's integrated you can have it on RO servers and then there's no issue.

Anyways, hope you guys can figure something out otherwise I fear for the longevity of the mod (as awesome as it looks -- RO's community is rather small)

It's the same thing as people not wanting to seed a server.

I will be a completley new player to the whole RO/DH community, Ever since seeing the first DH videos it made me get off my butt and build a new machine just for this game! I have been trying to get everyone i know into darkest hour and we need to do everything we can to get those servers FILLED!!!

Deathshead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2008
Maybe even tempt all the DOD 1.3 servers too.

on my current machine i have been only abel to play DoD at the moment, I been with them since the original betas Back when Waldo was playing!

My new machine will be finished by the time DH is released and i have been doing my best to turn everyone on to Darkest hour..,

Jaegermeister

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
good footage, can't wait.

as for integration maybe if the devs could add something in the main menu of RO that would allow for starting mods much like CoD games have done.

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
Looking spectacular fellas, personally I can't wait to give the Krauts a rogering with my Rifle Model 1 Caliber .30-06 :D

Also your No.4 MkI looks perfect, in fact all your models are looking top notch!

Last edited:

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
good footage, can't wait.

as for integration maybe if the devs could add something in the main menu of RO that would allow for starting mods much like CoD games have done.

Similar to Battlefield 2, adding a mod starting up option directly from the RO main menu seems like a good idea.

N. Kosoveck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 16, 2008
I just cannot wait for this mod to come out and play it up, it looks pretty good so far. I am a Dod:S player, and Avid DoD:D player at that, so I hope this game is worth all the hype. It should be anyway.

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
I was wondering if TW have any plans of hosting one of their own official server exclusively for DH ?

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Super! Last (and first) time RO had parachutes was way back in the mod on IronAnnie. Radioman looks very useful if you've got two guys that play well with each other.

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
Super! Last (and first) time RO had parachutes was way back in the mod on IronAnnie. Radioman looks very useful if you've got two guys that play well with each other.

Yep it's a very good teamwork feature, hope the devs have other ideas like this in the works.

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
www.ragequit.com
I personally have no doubt that DH is going to be a fantastic mod, perhaps the best of the three (though time will tell). I just hope that a) any new players it attracts from DoD/CoD/etc aren't put off by the RO realism and that b) our Aussie community can support it. We're a small, isolated community and we only have the playerbase to support one server at a time. Whether that one server ends up being RO/CC or DH though is yet to be seen.

Deathshead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2008
hey, can anyone give me some server reqs for running a DH server?
Bandwith, etc.. I just happen to work in a DC. and thinking about running a east coast server.