• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Release Updates! (Pt 1 April)

Aeneas2020

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2006
Welcome to the first of many Darkest Hour Release Updates:

From now until release Darkest Hour will be showing updates at sporadic intervals as we introduce new items and features into the game. With this in mind we have created a short video showing you two of the new features DH will be bringing you this summer. The first being our parachute system and the second being our radio man class.
The Parachute system will allow you to jump from a C53 Skytrooper over the Normandy countryside. As you watch the video you will realize that not only do you actually jump from the plane itself but you can also choose where to jump meaning endless possibilities in where to attack the enemy. The second of the features shown in the video is our Radio Man. This feature allows the officer to call down arty support from a mobile comrade (no more long walks back to the nearest radio). People many think this is a game balance nightmare however we can assure you the feature has been thoroughly tested to ensure it does not overpower one side or the other. Stay tuned for coming updates to see what other new features the officer role in particular has up its sleeve.

You can Download the video at the following links:

FileFront:
http://files.filefront.com/DarkestHourFeatureTraileravi/;9991045;/fileinfo.html

Moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/8092/dark.../downloads/10586/darkest-hour-feature-trailer

Darkest Hour Ftp:
www.darkesthourgame.com/research/Harvey/featuretrailer.rar

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]You can View the video at these sites:[/FONT]
Youtube: (or watch embedded video here but it is not great quality)

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKDxsyD2SA[/FONT]

Moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/8092/darkest-hour-normandy-1944/videos

Continuing on with showing off new things in Darkest Hour we are proud to unveil some new vehicles and a new weapon in game. The first of these is the C53 shown so prominently in our new video. modeled by Tman and textured by Aeneas2020 it is a pleasure to jump from this thing in game (oh and before people ask the props do turn but they appear stationary in screen shots). The second vehicle in game is the M5 Stuart this little tank has become a new favorite especially in the infantry support role because of its small size, fast reload and speed it is the perfect thing to call when you need some help clearing out an axis position. The last vehicle this month is the much requested Opel Blitz. Modeled and Textured by ScubaSteve this truck has been dropping Axis testers into hot points on maps (not to mention the races that have broken out with it). Finally the Lee Enfield No.4 Rifle made its first appearance in DH with the latest build. With not semi automatic like the Garand this beast can still make a mark on the field of battle and has become two of our top devs favorite over night.

I look forward to posting with more news soon and until next time.
See you on the field,
Aeneas2020

p.s. Thank you as always to Harvey for the video editing

nope its not currently planned to be.
That seems like a missed opportunity IMO.
I'm sure you are aware what happened with MN without RO integration.
I understand it might be impossible to integrate it without loosing certain ambitions, but I urge you to try it.

Apart from that: wow what a nice plane !
Looking forward to all your gameplay changes :D

Greetingz, Monk.

Upvote 0
That seems like a missed opportunity IMO.
I'm sure you are aware what happened with MN without RO integration.
I understand it might be impossible to integrate it without loosing certain ambitions, but I urge you to try it.

Apart from that: wow what a nice plane !
Looking forward to all your gameplay changes :D

Greetingz, Monk.

Of course we thought about it like that the main problem is (despite what other people will say) It just isn't possible to do everything we want to do by intergrating DH into RO (even to do 50% of what we want to do). We have tried it...it doesn't work. We are working on something that should help make the pain a little easier though and at the end of the day DH and RO will always be one and the same but its only 3 or 4 mouse clicks to get from one game to the other. Intergration most likely won't happen unless we get some major breakthrough but like i said we're working on something else.

Upvote 0
in case you hadn't noticed worluk doesn't beleive what we say most of the time and is always very keen to point out "flaws" etc with DH...anyway mate you are entitled to your opinion I won't start an arguement with you on the forums, last i check all we had been was civil to you guys you could at least return the favour.

btw many people have been asking why there is not a green light for go on the jump sequence, there was originally one but it was removed. I'm not 100% sure why i'll check back when i find the answer.

Upvote 0
in case you hadn't noticed worluk doesn't beleive what we say most of the time and is always very keen to point out "flaws" etc with DH...anyway mate you are entitled to your opinion I won't start an arguement with you on the forums, last i check all we had been was civil to you guys you could at least return the favour.

the comment wasnt so much directed at any of your features, more at the definitly wrong statement of yours that gameplay features cant be integrated by gametype or similar methods.
You may have other reasons not to do it and i dont care much for them. Saying it is not possible is simply not true...

Upvote 0