• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Upvote 0
We will see the different versions of the sherman right? I mean like M4A1, M4A3 ( M4A2 used as a marine tank in the pacific and as a lend and lease for russian ( deisel fuel) ) the M4A1 E8, M4A3 E8, M4A3E2 ETC?

and the M4A4 for the brits? cuase they normally used the M4A4 as their tank/ canada from what ive got lol. I love shermasn they are my favorite tank.

Upvote 0
Just a guess here: the tanks will spawn on boats/movers and be carried to the beach once the crew spawn in the boat as well.

It is certainly possible to have a mover which doesn't move until certain constraints such as "number of actors in area" have been fulfilled.

Tankman - EVERY tank? including 'funnies' like the DD, bridgelayer and the mine-clearer?

Upvote 0
Just a guess here: the tanks will spawn on boats/movers and be carried to the beach once the crew spawn in the boat as well.

Kinda like a Rhino Ferry?

rhino.jpg

As far as "Hobart's Funnies" go I'd like to see the AVRE in the mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah will will have the dd sherman on the beach map as also one that will spawn on a landing craft. the only bad thing we dont have any coders so as far as this gettign on to :( a release date. none atm sinse no coders available. we had 1 coder by the name of laughingTerror but o well he left. If anyone is interested in lendign a hand :D it would be awsome.

Upvote 0
yeah will will have the dd sherman on the beach map as also one that will spawn on a landing craft. the only bad thing we dont have any coders so as far as this gettign on to :( a release date. none atm sinse no coders available. we had 1 coder by the name of laughingTerror but o well he left. If anyone is interested in lendign a hand :D it would be awsome.

I second that we have some awesome models and ideas in mind, but we can do little with them without coders and animators.

We realy want the higgins boat as a new vehicle, so the driver could stear it around the arty on route to the beach. Also we want it to have a working fixed 30cal onboard.

Players would then spawn on the ships out at sea board the craft, this will be by climbing down cargo nets to them or boarding in bays.

Plus if we had some coders, working guns in the bunkers, and even maybe onboard a ship for the first bombardment.

Dog green will be as acurate as we can posibly make it, all the correct obsticles will be there, the correct SIZE of bunkers (not bigass ones that SPR had in the film). I have drawings of the beach with referance sizes so it will be as big as it should be. Cliffs will be between 100-170 feet high and beach is over 250yds to the seawall.

We are also hoping Performance willing to carry on the fight off the beach through Vierville sur Mere. we will see how that goes for now concentrating on getting the beach area correct.

Upvote 0
time to go witch huting with a shotgun, cattle prod and handcuffs, leave no coders behind...

on another note, i dident know we were gonna give the limey americans the sherman firefly. im about 99% sure they dubbed it" a crazy british idea to turn a arty gun on its side and wedge it in a tank" then stupidly continued merrily on their way, while the canucks and brits used the sherman firefly.

Upvote 0