• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Yeh or WN as me and Excocet call them ;)

WN?

*7GA* Nestor Makhno222252 said:
MN DH and CC will have a lot of crossovers:

Italian and early German equipment used in both MN and CC, Allied equipment used in MN and DH. Some German equipment in CC that may be used in DH etc etc.

Maybe a gentleman's agreement to share equipment between mods?

I am sure once both CC and DH have developed more content something could be arranged. Although it would have to be more than a gentleman's agreement imo :p Such as when AF and CI started to discuss joining/sharing to form MN.

Bloomin 'eck...all these darned abreviations :D

Upvote 0
H-Hour, D-Day was very dark for a lot of reasons. It also has a double meaning which you won't see revealed until a later release ;)

well you see, H-Hour, D-Day was actually quite dark in a literal sense, as a large cloud obscured the sun causing eclipse-like conditions. In fact, this is why the Americans were able to achieve a beachhead againts the vastly superior German forces, who not only had the greatest weapons ever developed, but were also armed with Nordic Telepathy, a secret communication system being developed by german scientists. I assure you this peculiar weather effect, which is the only reason the germans were defeated, will be represented in the map, which will have an alternate title of DH-BlackHoleSun. Realism first!

Upvote 0
but were also armed with Nordic Telepathy, a secret communication system being developed by german scientists.

Damn them and their infernal meddling with nature...:mad:

I also have a rare picture from a BBC interview with the Lead Scientist that was conducted deep in his underground laboratory.

fraggle20rock2041sw3.jpg

Upvote 0
well you see, H-Hour, D-Day was actually quite dark in a literal sense, as a large cloud obscured the sun causing eclipse-like conditions. In fact, this is why the Americans were able to achieve a beachhead againts the vastly superior German forces, who not only had the greatest weapons ever developed, but were also armed with Nordic Telepathy, a secret communication system being developed by german scientists. I assure you this peculiar weather effect, which is the only reason the germans were defeated, will be represented in the map, which will have an alternate title of DH-BlackHoleSun. Realism first!

I lol'd

lold-44854.jpg

Upvote 0
MN DH and CC will have a lot of crossovers:

Italian and early German equipment used in both MN and CC, Allied equipment used in MN and DH. Some German equipment in CC that may be used in DH etc etc.

Maybe a gentleman's agreement to share equipment between mods?.......

Not a bad idea, if all agreed. I see all those teams bringing us something great and wish them all the best in doing so.

Upvote 0