• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

For god's sake don't break compatability with RO, just make it so we can pick 1944 maps in RO the RO community is small enough as it is, and we might as well have RO covering every battle of the war.

The idea being the greater the number of MODs/Extras available to a game the greater the interest. Thus it should help increase the userbase.

Thinking small leads to a small community :)

Soon we should have a lot of extra content available and this will hopefully prove tempting to new users.

Upvote 0
The idea being the greater the number of MODs/Extras available to a game the greater the interest. Thus it should help increase the userbase.

Thinking small leads to a small community :)

Soon we should have a lot of extra content available and this will hopefully prove tempting to new users.

You don't have to break compatability with RO to not "think small". He's saying set it up so you can go to from the beach, to Inner France, to the steppe of Russia, to attacking Berlin as the Russians and back again without switching servers or loading a new game. :)

There really shouldn't be anything that requires a compatability break, and that would also allow your stuff to be used on East Front maps as Lend/Lease equipment.

Upvote 0
please dont make the same mistake as tripwire by balancing the game.

Otherwise, good luck!I look forward to playing this mod!
That's one mistake we'll never make ;) We've discussed this from the start and have decided that making the game even and fair won't involve sacrificing realism.
For instance we won't have 5 medium tanks and 2 Heavies on Team A and the same number on Team B to make it an even game.
There will be maps for instance that have armour on one side and only Infantry on the other. Because it happened and it won't be as unfair as it looks on paper. :D

Upvote 0
That's one mistake we'll never make ;) We've discussed this from the start and have decided that making the game even and fair won't involve sacrificing realism.
For instance we won't have 5 medium tanks and 2 Heavies on Team A and the same number on Team B to make it an even game.
There will be maps for instance that have armour on one side and only Infantry on the other. Because it happened and it won't be as unfair as it looks on paper. :D

can i have your babies?

:p

Upvote 0
Yeah Beach assault is made by Tochiri. he did a great job on that map, But
as far as I know it's a fictitious beach assault map and not anywhere in particular.

Ours is a recreation of Dog Green Sector of Omaha Beach on D Day.
You will not see any of those massive Bunkers that most of the hollywood films have in them.

Upvote 0
As far as I know BeachAssault's made by Tochiri..Not ExoCet.
Yeah Beach assault is made by Tochiri. he did a great job on that map, But
as far as I know it's a fictitious beach assault map and not anywhere in particular.
Ok fixed.
Ours is a recreation of Dog Green Sector of Omaha Beach on D Day.
You will not see any of those massive Bunkers that most of the hollywood films have in them.
Nice. :D

So we can expect realistically modelled Widerstandsnesten? :eek:

Upvote 0