• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Near the top of page 10, it says 'Kreigsmarine. Shouldn't it be Kriegsmarine?

Very awesome manual. Looks very professional.:)

Edit: I just noticed on that same page it says "The vehicles that can be driven or used by the British Infantry are;"
I guess this is supposed to say "The vehicles that can be driven or used by the German Infantry are;"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are many factual errors in your manual. These are the main ones - there was no such thing as an american "tank" division and pointing out that they were untested in battle serves no purpose - neither were many of the German units in Normandy. Also it says that german paratrooper units were subordinate to the air force. This is not entirely true. They, along with the "Herman Goering" panzer division, were subordinate to Goering as his personal toys for playing war, but beyond Crete, were integrated into the ground forces.
Also you called the Ardennes offensive the "Hitler's last offensive of the war". This is not true. Delete this line. Please.
And get rid of the german officer caps.

Good effort though.

Upvote 0
There are many factual errors in your manual. These are the main ones - there was no such thing as an american "tank" division and pointing out that they were untested in battle serves no purpose - neither were many of the German units in Normandy. Also it says that german paratrooper units were subordinate to the air force. This is not entirely true. They, along with the "Herman Goering" panzer division, were subordinate to Goering as his personal toys for playing war, but beyond Crete, were integrated into the ground forces.
Also you called the Ardennes offensive the "Hitler's last offensive of the war". This is not true. Delete this line. Please.
And get rid of the german officer caps.

Good effort though.

Don't play it if you don't like it. 4 posts suggests you haven't been around for long, so I take it you don't realise the hard work that has gone into the mod. Picking them up on small things like this is quite pathetic and does make you seem a little sad. If you didn't mean to come across like you did, then I'm sorry...but it does strike me that your just out to be critical

Upvote 0
To all who downloaded Darkest Hour this evening:

It has come to our attention that a small bug that was occuring infrequently during testing has caused a great many people to crash out of the game. To those expriencing this first of all our apologies. It would seem that as the number of players on a server increases the chances of the crash occuring rise much more than was expected. We urge anyone who experiences a crash to simply reconnect to the server with our assurance that the devs are already working on fixing a problem and we will have a patch out to fix the problem v shortly.

Upvote 0
Ya it's a major bug... I haven't finished one single map yet because of constant crashes. I hope you guys fix this soon so I can actually try out your mod! I really want to try everything it has to offer!

I think it's scared alot of people off the servers.

Yes I agree, this major bug has put lots of people off DH and therefore the servers that host them mostly appear empty with players constantly getting dropped out. I do hope the devs can solve this problem soon.

Upvote 0
Love the handling of weapons, and the models. The maps are really nice, and decently optimized. The gameplay is frantic, and entertaining. Everything seems to be really well ironed out excluding two things.

Bugs. These I'm okay with. It happens when you bring it out to the general public. I'm sure these too will be smoothed out as time goes.

Sound however, is a different department. Weapons sound fairly weak, especially on a 5.1 surround system. Vocals, on the other hand, are quite loud, and sound more so like they came from a radio than a person's mouth.

However, I'm overwhelmed by the content and playtime of this Mod, and I consider it a far greater success than not. Especially when the maps are this good.

Upvote 0
I have a major problem dealing with Audio. I have no audio at all dealing with the new Darkest Hour modification. I obviously have audio in Windows and also in Red Orchestra: Ostfront. However, I have played with the audio settings within the Darkest Hour mod and I have absolutely no audio.

I looked in the "darkesthour" log file and it shows many errors including errors for material loading and errors for audio files.

I checked my Sounds folder and everything appears to be just fine.

Furthermore, I have reinstalled the mod and nothing changed. I then re-downloaded it from a DIFFERENT location, installed it, and nothing changed again.

What is wrong?

These are examples of some of the errors:

Warning: Missing Sound Sound DH_ArtillerySounds.ger_loaded01

Warning: Failed to load 'Material DHUSCharactersTex.us_heads.us_face01': Failed to find object 'Material DHUSCharactersTex.us_heads.us_face01'

http://www.redorchestragame.com/for....us/img77/9404/dherrorsxj4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Upvote 0
Perfect timing for a Hdd Crash

Perfect timing for a Hdd Crash

:mad:Great timing!!!

My Hard Disk died 2 days ago, AND the SATA drive I bought to replace it is not accepting windoze ( i can't boot off CD if I have any other drive connected, otherwise perfect XP setup boot WTF is that ?!?!?!?)

Anyway congratulations to the devs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
game crashes within minutes of playing. Here is the error report. Is this the mod problem or my problem? (ie: driver updates?)

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2396 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (6921)

General protection fault!

History: KBodyGetActor <- BodyGetDoubleRate <- KBuildPartitions <- KWorldStepSafeTime <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Hedgerow Hell <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0