• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Nice screens btw,cant wait till i can take my MG42 and put it on a sandbagnest ^^

yeah i know what you mean, but there are also going to be fixed MG positions for all you would be strafers out there.

These will be in the MG Tobruks, one man MG bunkers that you will hit your use button to enter and use the MG.

in reply to Germans getting on the beach.
A Sea Wall covers most of the beach area, with access to the beach via steps cut into it, these however will be blocked by Concertina wire. (see screenshot with the tiger sight in it)

the only access off the beach or onto it will only be once the seawall has been breached by the Allies satchel charges and Bangalores, by that time the germans should be on the back foot a bit and struggle to get anywhere near the beach.

Upvote 0
time to go witch huting with a shotgun, cattle prod and handcuffs, leave no coders behind...

on another note, i dident know we were gonna give the limey americans the sherman firefly. im about 99% sure they dubbed it" a crazy british idea to turn a arty gun on its side and wedge it in a tank" then stupidly continued merrily on their way, while the canucks and brits used the sherman firefly.
hehe you better not use the [SIZE=-1]Thumb Screws :D[/SIZE]

Upvote 0
There is no RO server? or no gaming server in general?

Rented a COD:UO 64 player server before :p

I cant comment on the CPU load of CoD:UO, probably the same way you can't comment on the CPU load of RO :p
And yes, there are servers that can handle the 32 slots, my clans server being an example for that.The exponential load increase,our Core2 6600 being able to handle an 32 slot server when its the only server running there, the experiences with other servers we had before, the experience i got from a misconfigured server running more than 32 players (32players and some bots) all show me that pushing this limit is not something i would try or look any deeper into.

Not even mentioning the increased tri-count on the client side. Playermodel are not really cheap, performance wise, every mapper that fell into the black void after testing his map with 31 bots for the first time can tell you :)

But proof me wrong, im looking forward to see the way you will make it happen. Im not saying its completely impossible, im saying that it is very tricky. :)

Upvote 0
Here Is a small update drop by saturday for another update :)

mediapageform4a1shermanto8.jpg

Upvote 0